What's new

just kava (Monsoon beverages)

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
That's us!

We've all seen a lot of shady vendors in the past offer kava at low prices that end up giving kava a bad rap, so it's been my mission to deliver something that's quality but at an affordable price. So it's all tested for nobility, it has decent strength, and it's tested for nasty bacteria. So for a fully tested, fully HACCP compliant, FDA audited facility to offer kava at $40/lb...well, it's unheard of these days.

If you do place an order, please leave a review and let us know what you think.

-Morgan

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I'm assuming it would be lower quality, perhaps in effects or strength. It doesn't sound like Monsoon is making any concessions with safety, which is what I like to see.

I am curious and interested to know the specific cause(s) which result in the lower quality or strength, if possible

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I am curious and interested to know the specific cause(s) which result in the lower quality or strength, if possible
Plants that didn't get enough sunlight, plants that didn't get enough nutrients (aka, weather issues). Plants that were in danger of being killed by some other source and pulled early. Plants that were pulled on account of environmental challenges.

owen099

Kava Curious
Plants that didn't get enough sunlight, plants that didn't get enough nutrients (aka, weather issues). Plants that were in danger of being killed by some other source and pulled early. Plants that were pulled on account of environmental challenges.
To add, another "cause" of low quality could be farmers selecting for different traits. I've noticed that some of the most potent kavas have some of the worst effects. That seems to be an issue of selecting for strength, regardless of the quality of the effects.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
That's us!

We've all seen a lot of shady vendors in the past offer kava at low prices that end up giving kava a bad rap, so it's been my mission to deliver something that's quality but at an affordable price. So it's all tested for nobility, it has decent strength, and it's tested for nasty bacteria. So for a fully tested, fully HACCP compliant, FDA audited facility to offer kava at $40/lb...well, it's unheard of these days.

-Morgan
I really like this description and option for Kava. There are so many "elite" Kavas that, while good, can also be inconsistent and very frustrating when they don't meet the mark. Having a cheaper option that is everything that it claims to be sounds like a great go-to option for Kava. I'm going to order some when I get back to DC next week

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
That's us!

-Morgan
I got a pound getting here tomorrow. I will leave a review when I kill the bag in 3-4 days, lol.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
First impressions are on par with what I expected. The kava is noticeably weaker but it certainly doesn't taste bad. I adjusted my dose to 1/2 cup because it takes a little more. I can already see this as an anytime kava, even breakfast because it is very mild. I picked up the Fiji...not sure if waka, probably a blend. More to come when I finish it. Effects are pleasant.

I wanna try the Vanuatu too since generally speaking, kavas from that region are the most potent.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
So I've had a chance to try the Fiji and Vanuatu blend today. The Fiji blend was alright, too weak for my taste but pleasant. The Vanuatu on the other hand feels so far on par with Borongoru, it feels similar. I should have written something sooner on this Saturday journey but it is too late, I'm loosing motivation to write this, the kava is winning me over. So I guess mission accomplished for 40 bucks! Solid kava & excellent price.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
That's us!

-Morgan