What's new

Just saying hi

Hightide

Kava Enthusiast
I was a regular here about four years ago. Had a bad experience with Stone and took a break. I just had my first shell in 4 years. Trying out some micronized Pouni Ono. What’s everyone drinking today?
What was the experience like if you dont mind me asking? I was thinking of ordering some stone soon lol

Cameron

Kava Curious
I had about 6 tablespoons kneaded and went out to eat with my grandparents. I ate some fried fish and the oil potentiated the lava to the point where I was practically falling over myself leaving the restaurant. I went home and puked and my wife was furious.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Welcome back man. I'll be shelling some vula Waka and probably some Boronguru. Both are quite strong right now.

markosheehan

Kava Curious
Does anyone get a hangover from stone?
I tried nakamal at homes tudei and it was not great.
It was really dehydrating. Also its pretty hard on the body in general and makes you nauseous. For all this you would hope you would be drinking some strong stuff but its only average potency and I still have to use 50 grams to get to a certain level of krunk. I am hoping stone is more potent . Can someone give me any advice on this?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Does anyone get a hangover from stone?
I tried nakamal at homes tudei and it was not great.
It was really dehydrating. Also its pretty hard on the body in general and makes you nauseous. For all this you would hope you would be drinking some strong stuff but its only average potency and I still have to use 50 grams to get to a certain level of krunk. I am hoping stone is more potent . Can someone give me any advice on this?
Stone has been known to be overly strong, possibly causing a bit of hold-over in the morning from the night before. If this happens, a reduction in dose would usually do the trick. Tudei kavas are notorious for this effect, hence the "two-day" moniker, and the heavy body loads. We've seen a number of people report that they could find tudei kavas even less potent than every-day "noble" kavas. At this point tudei exists for those few people who find it medically helpful, and those looking to satiate a curiosity. I'm not sure a person could find pleasure in continuing to consume it if they're drinking regularly for a length of time. It has a steep curve of diminishing returns.

readyman

Kava Enthusiast
When drinking stone kava I like to add it to others like soloumons it helps give them a boost by itself it is rather strong and to me not pleasurable

Cameron

Kava Curious
I definitely noticed some hangover effects from Stone. Stone is a kava from Vanuatu. The kavas from that region all tend to be a little hard on my system, though. I believe it is Borogu to be exact.