What's new

Just saying hi...

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
Hi,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am currently waiting on my first order- kwk micronized sample pack... usps is saying it's arriving friday and I can't wait! I have used the yogi kava stress relief teas for a over a year or so but quit when I read more on here and the rest of the internet about the dangers of tudei kava. I sent an e-mail to yogi asking if it was noble or tudei, i'll post it here if I get a response.

I am real into herbs even attended a weekend school for herbalism for 6 months. Some of my favorites are hemp, blue lotus, tulsi, ashwaganda, california poppy, skullcap... Mostly interested in nervines and adaptogens but I also like my caffiene- I'm big on fine black teas, yerba mate and my daily cup of coffee w/hemp milk.

I am hoping kava can help reduce and eventually eliminate my dependence on K@, which I know isn't real popular around here, which I substituted in for cigarettes- which I quit after smoking for like 15 years. I have been on K@ for like two years and am ready to switch it up for something that isn't addictive. Wish me luck on my kava journey!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am currently waiting on my first order- kwk micronized sample pack... usps is saying it's arriving friday and I can't wait! I have used the yogi kava stress relief teas for a over a year or so but quit when I read more on here and the rest of the internet about the dangers of tudei kava. I sent an e-mail to yogi asking if it was noble or tudei, i'll post it here if I get a response.

I am real into herbs even attended a weekend school for herbalism for 6 months. Some of my favorites are hemp, blue lotus, tulsi, ashwaganda, california poppy, skullcap... Mostly interested in nervines and adaptogens but I also like my caffiene- I'm big on fine black teas, yerba mate and my daily cup of coffee w/hemp milk.

I am hoping kava can help reduce and eventually eliminate my dependence on K@, which I know isn't real popular around here, which I substituted in for cigarettes- which I quit after smoking for like 15 years. I have been on K@ for like two years and am ready to switch it up for something that isn't addictive. Wish me luck on my kava journey!
Welcome! Yogi tea uses extracts, and I would be really surprised if they used anything but noble kavas.

Glad to have you with us. You'll find quite a number of us here that have successfully moved away from harder substances and found relief and sanctity with kava.

Good luck!

BobBriggs

Kava Curious
Can I ask about your experiences with blue lotus, california poppy and skullcap? Do you get good recreational effects from these?

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
Blue lotus is great and can be a nice, mild relaxant. California poppy and scullcap are more herbal supplements less recreational fun. Hope that helps!

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
Well usps came early!
I will start with that I'm very happy with kwk overall, and will order from them again, but the day did start with a bit of dissapointment as I requested borongoru, borogu, and vula waka with loa waka as an alternate if they were out of any them- I received borongoru, loa waka, and pouni ono. It only stated borongoru on the notes of the shipping label, so I can't help but think they weren't out of the others and it got skipped over. Who knows though...

I tried all 3 today at 3 hour intetvals- the loa waka was strong and balanced but a little 'edgy' and I wish it was heavier, it also was the most mouth numbing by far. The borongoru was great, very mellow stuff- my anxiety melted away. The pouni ono was suprising nice and relaxing while definately being mostly heady- it also tasted the best. I found I like the taste of kava- I know, I'm weird like that. I also love the taste of hemp while most can't stand it.

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase and am stoked to finally move on up from the yogi tea. I was scooping less K@ for my doses already and was needing to smoke less hemp throughout the day. Next, more micronized from kwk, but i'll also be buying some medium grind and an aluball to step up my game.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Overall, I am very happy with my purchase and am stoked to finally move on up from the yogi tea. I was scooping less K@ for my doses already and was needing to smoke less hemp throughout the day. Next, more micronized from kwk, but i'll also be buying some medium grind and an aluball to step up my game.
You are in the right place, specially if you are one of the few who don't mind the taste of kava. Don't discount Yogi tea completely, it still works in a pinch (4 bags at a time, lol), I keep it among my collection of teas, just in case.

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
So, I took the next step and ordered an alubottle pro along with kwk borogu micronized and a half pound of kwk vula waka. Can't wait!

I'll probably try out the kwk house blend next.

Thanks for the welcome everybody!

Jacob Bula

Nobody
Well usps came early!
I will start with that I'm very happy with kwk overall, and will order from them again, but the day did start with a bit of dissapointment as I requested borongoru, borogu, and vula waka with loa waka as an alternate if they were out of any them- I received borongoru, loa waka, and pouni ono. It only stated borongoru on the notes of the shipping label, so I can't help but think they weren't out of the others and it got skipped over. Who knows though...

I tried all 3 today at 3 hour intetvals- the loa waka was strong and balanced but a little 'edgy' and I wish it was heavier, it also was the most mouth numbing by far. The borongoru was great, very mellow stuff- my anxiety melted away. The pouni ono was suprising nice and relaxing while definately being mostly heady- it also tasted the best. I found I like the taste of kava- I know, I'm weird like that. I also love the taste of hemp while most can't stand it.

Don't forget, you can blend. I like blending Borongoru with Loa Waka.

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
Just drank a batch of vula waka in the alubottle pro. I have to say medium grind seems more full bodied, I definately prefer the 'real thing' over the micronized.
Tried a second wash but it seems I got most of it in the first wash(spent a few minutes shaking it), as the second wash was really weak.
The vula waka reminds me of a good indica- sort of floaty feelings throughout my body with a calm mind. Good stuff!

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
I've now tried medium grind from kwk, ghk, and fvk. I liked them all but Fvk's vanuatu is the most potent i've tried and i've been mixing it in with most batches i've been making. However, the kwk vula waka is my favorite so far. Still, for the price I think i'll be buying mostly fvk.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I've now tried medium grind from kwk, ghk, and fvk. I liked them all but Fvk's vanuatu is the most potent i've tried and i've been mixing it in with most batches i've been making. However, the kwk vula waka is my favorite so far. Still, for the price I think i'll be buying mostly fvk.
wait till you get to Squanch, lol. Not an everyday for me anymore but damn good & strong!

Kavacus

Kava Enthusiast
Welcome and Bula! This is the best spot on the 'net for exploring kava. I suggest medium grind with traditional preparation-you can get 2-3 washes from most kavas...

Cheers!
Kavacus

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
so I got a reply from yogi tea. They seemed to not know what I was talking about, which kinda makes me worry about their product. Could just be a breakdown of communication between departments though.

Here;s what I wrote

I have been drinking your kava stress relief tea for awhile and it inspired me to get more into kava. My question is what variety of kava do you guys use? Is it the noble kava or the tudei kava, because the tudei kava can be harmful to the liver and is a banned export of some forward thinking pacific islands.

thanks,
Kent

here's the response:
Hi Kent,

Thank you for contacting Yogi! We appreciate you reaching out regarding our Kava Stress Relief tea and apologize for the delay in getting back to you. The Kava botanical species used in our tea is Piper methysticum, and we perform routine confirmatory testing on botanical identity for each lot of material received before use.

Be well,

Adriane

-so all they can confirm is that it is kava. oh boy:oops:

Jacob Bula

Nobody
so I got a reply from yogi tea. They seemed to not know what I was talking about, which kinda makes me worry about their product. Could just be a breakdown of communication between departments though.

Here;s what I wrote

I have been drinking your kava stress relief tea for awhile and it inspired me to get more into kava. My question is what variety of kava do you guys use? Is it the noble kava or the tudei kava, because the tudei kava can be harmful to the liver and is a banned export of some forward thinking pacific islands.

thanks,
Kent

here's the response:
Hi Kent,

Thank you for contacting Yogi! We appreciate you reaching out regarding our Kava Stress Relief tea and apologize for the delay in getting back to you. The Kava botanical species used in our tea is Piper methysticum, and we perform routine confirmatory testing on botanical identity for each lot of material received before use.

Be well,

Adriane

-so all they can confirm is that it is kava. oh boy:oops:
If it was a tudei extract, I don't think I would need 4 tea bags to feel slightly sedated. Safe bets are that its noble, as it has been out a long time and hasn't been pulled off the shelf for someone claiming they drank it and had a hangover that lasted for 2 days. I've had 2 boxes sitting in my cabinet for almost a year and don't plan on actually drinking them unless I'm desperate, because they don't feel as wholesome as traditional grind and a strainer.

cawwri

Hi Everyone,
Just saying hi. Trying Kava for the first time today. Trying to cut back on alcohol. I enjoy the ritual of having a drink and think this will be a good substitute. Got my Aluball Pro, kavafied tonga, Bula Kava Borungo, and just ordered a kilo of Headhunter Kava from Kava depot. Stuff is expensive for sure. Does anyone take capsules of kava to go along with the kava itself or would that be too much? I am a pretty heavy drinker so will probably have a high tolerance.
Thanks
Ben

Jacob Bula

Nobody
Hi Everyone,
Just saying hi. Trying Kava for the first time today. Trying to cut back on alcohol. I enjoy the ritual of having a drink and think this will be a good substitute. Got my Aluball Pro, kavafied tonga, Bula Kava Borungo, and just ordered a kilo of Headhunter Kava from Kava depot. Stuff is expensive for sure. Does anyone take capsules of kava to go along with the kava itself or would that be too much? I am a pretty heavy drinker so will probably have a high tolerance.
Thanks
Ben
I was an alcoholic. I don't drink anymore. I didn't find kava to be cross tolerant with alcohol as it acts on a different site of the gaba receptor. I would also recommend against the capsules. If you want kava on the go, get some kava candy, or brew up some extra and take it on the go.