What's new

Kava Powdered Review Kadavu Sunset Fiji

hyperdown

Kava Curious
Background:
Me and my wife have been drinking kava for a few years. Our preferred root for the past 6 months has been the old “premium Fiji” from Paradise, and Melo Melo from BKH.

I was disappointed to see Paradise isn’t carrying the Premium Fiji anymore, but we decided to try the new Kadavu Sunset Fiji, to see how it compared.

Taste:
This kava smells and tastes really weird! My first reaction was that it’s like a vaguely floral chemically/plastic smell. My wife thought it tasted like soap. I was immediately concerned about this, and the apprehension may have colored my feelings. I couldn’t help but think: is this kava tainted with some kind of chemical? It was really unpleasant.

Experience:
This is a strange kava. It felt like I had drunk a strong Kavain kava (like Solomon), but had also taken a valium. It didn’t produce the usual krunkness that I associate with a high DHM grog, where you feel kinda like you are on a boat. It was more of a smooth sedating feeling, which was fighting with a kavain stimulation. It was very unusual, but not unpleasant. My body felt hot and cold at the same time, my face got flushed, and my heart was pounding a bit on the tail end of the experience.

Next Morning:
Woke up pretty groggy and with a slight headache. Very unusual for me.

Summary:
I don’t think I will be drinking this again. It’s not what I’m looking for in a kava. I want the old Premium Fiji back!

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
hmm your review makes it sound somewhat worrisome yet possibly really awesome at the same time.

can you hang with it for one or two more nights and tell us if your opinion changes ?

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

hmm your review makes it sounds somewhat worrisome yet possibly really awesome at the same time.
can you hang with it for one or two more nights and tell us if your opinion changes ?
Yeah, do this for Shakas. And if you end up posting from the Hospital, at least you know that @shakas is happy and grateful. :ROFLMAO:
Hey it's Monday so ... Come'on Man!

hyperdown

Kava Curious
Lol, I dunno. Maybe in a week or two I will work up the courage to try it again. If so, I'll post an update.

In the meatime I have some other new root to try :happy:

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Bulabuck, I'm sorry you had this surprising and poor experience.
Please email us at work and get a full refund if you disliked it as much.
Fijian Kava is consistently the strangest smelling kava across the board, but it's potency and effects have always been excellent.
We hope the blend No. 7 treats you better::happyshell::
AG

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
I support being whole heartedly honest in a review as you were...but (take this with a grain of salt because i've no knowledge of your body chemistry) in my personal experience; small dosages of kava I'm not accustomed to have only lent me mixed signals and I become apprehensive of the whole situation if the only thing I can focus on is the bad smell/taste due to the underwhelming effects at the time. Now this isn't to say that's a low dosage for you but it is something to consider when consuming a new kava ;)(as per what you can relate to dosage in previous experiences and what for).

It's disheartening to see your turn out for their new product line was less than satisfactory though because from the kavasseurs review I held it in a high-er esteem. Again though everyone's body is different and everybody's subjective interpretation of a kava will differ wildly depending on factors just as expansive. It even goes so far as to say that one individuals perception of a kava may vary from harvest to harvest. Furthermore in some cases their opinions swing from one end of the spectrum to the other with the only difference being mood, time and placement.

Either way I overextended my train of thought through my explanation...hopefully it was just a fluke and the next attempt will have a more positive outcome. (y)

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Fijian Kava is consistently the strangest smelling kava across the board, but it's potency and effects have always been excellent.
AG
Hi Adil,

If you give me a list of kava products you are selling now, I will be happy to add them to your product list for reviews. ::happyshell::

hyperdown

Kava Curious
AG
I assume your talking to me?

I appreciate the offer for a refund, and I will send an email. Thanks!

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
I'm glad paradise kava/other forum vendors are so cooperative and considerate when it comes to this type of situation. It really gives peace of mind when customers run across an issue or are truly un-appeased with a product; whatever the circumstances may be.

Anyways they deserve a round of applause for pulling out all the stops when it comes to reimbursement or compensation in the case of an individual being anything but satisfied. So thanks guys, y'all run some very upstanding businesses. :D

@hyperdown Disregard my earlier post if you haven't already :LOL:. My posts tend to get rather long winded after a hearty kava session. ::amirite:: All I was intending to ask in the first place was whether or not you feel dosage may've been a factor, but if not that's very understandable. Sometimes a certain cultivars just not our cup of tea. (y)
::shell:::coffee:

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Mahalo Monkava'd, we try our best.
Hyperdown this was for you, please give it a few days to see funds back in your account. Bulabuck, if you are not satisfied, our offer extends to you as well.
Also, we will be happy to ship the Borogu in lieu if you desire that instead. Been enjoying that one.
cheers,
AG