What's new

Kava Beverage Review Kalm - Relaxation Drink

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I got a couple bottles of Kalm with Kava recently and here's how they shake down.
First off, they taste good. A fruity citrus flavor that isn't overly sweetened, with enough kava flavor & numbness to assure a real kava drinker that there actually is kava within.
On my 1st test with it, I chugged about half a bottle in the middle of the day and was pleasantly surprised to get a nice mild effect from this small amount. It allowed me to walk through a busy shopping area, that I usually dread to some degree, with a calm relaxed frame of mind. I nearly had a smile on my face and skip in my step. My 2nd experience was in the evening, and I drank 1 & 1/2 bottles over the course of about 45 minutes. At this level the experience was heightened some, but not drastically so.
This beverage is definitely on the kavain side of things. It's a mental buzz much more than a body buzz. A nice gentle sense of well being, relaxation with out sloppiness or sluggishness, a slight increase in the vividness of things and just a step into another head space...just enough to let you know you're not quite in the same dull world you were in prior.
From the reviews I've read of most instant and extract kavas, I would venture to say this beverage is similar to those. To relate it in similarity to things I've tried, I'd say it's most similar in effect to KavaBoy's Tongan kava or the effect of eating several Ozia Kava Candies. Both very Kavain-centric, light and clean.
Overall I found it to be nice and enjoyable. They'd definitely be good for first-timers or people who could never get past the taste of the traditional preparation. If this were readily available in stores, I would gladly pick some up when I'm hanging out at the beach or about to get stuck in traffic somewhere...etc...
...and if @Kalm with Kava were to eventually come out with that extra-potent 'Private Reserve', I'm sure a lot of us serious kava drinkers here would enjoy it. :hungry:

Last edited:

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
I'm getting a contact mood lift just reading this review. Haven't been able to try this yet as i've been having some issues with Paypal - errggh. As soon as that's cleared up I'm getting some sent my way. And that monthly subscription is mighty enticing!

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@shakas We have a review form for Kalm with Kava now. If you have the time it would be greatly appreciated if you could convert your thread to a Kava Review. To do that all you have to do is edit the thread (not the post) and fill out the form there.
Thanks (y)

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I think I try not to use the full form to review things like Kalm and Kava candy...'cause it doesn't really seem fair to rank it the same way as root. But I might go ahead and do it after I try Kalm again, pretty soon.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I think I try not to use the full form to review things like Kalm and Kava candy...'cause it doesn't really seem fair to rank it the same way as root. But I might go ahead and do it after I try Kalm again, pretty soon.
Hi,
You don't need to reply to every question, but it would be great to get a shell rating and the ratings to indicated whether you thought it was heady or body intensive.