What's new

Kalm with Kava Fresh Green Kava

LyndaKaye

Kava Curious
Has anyone tried the Fesh Green Kava drinks from Kalm With Kava? I’m wondering about the safety of consuming it seeing as the description states that it is not dried or washed. I’ve read that it is safer to consume dried and washed kava. I also know that the people of Vanuatu have been consuming fresh kava for thousands of years. Any thoughts? Also, I tried to buy some but the shipping was $20+! What’s up with that????

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Has anyone tried the Fesh Green Kava drinks from Kalm With Kava? I’m wondering about the safety of consuming it seeing as the description states that it is not dried or washed. I’ve read that it is safer to consume dried and washed kava. I also know that the people of Vanuatu have been consuming fresh kava for thousands of years. Any thoughts? Also, I tried to buy some but the shipping was $20+! What’s up with that????
It's good. Really good. We've had people who drink fresh kava daily tell us that it's basically equal. I highly recommend it for those who have tried many different kavas and are ready for something different.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
It's an expensive treat, but it's a hell of a treat, IMO. Love it. How could one not?

LyndaKaye

Kava Curious
Where did you see any mention of it not being washed? It's well cleaned/washed. It's not dried, but it is safe to consume as it is made shelf stable using a proprietary process (approved by the NZ government).
I think I added the wash part because I read that it needed to be washed but I honestly didn’t know if they washed it or not so thank you for the heads up!

LyndaKaye

Kava Curious
It's good. Really good. We've had people who drink fresh kava daily tell us that it's basically equal. I highly recommend it for those who have tried many different kavas and are ready for something different.
Thanks for the reply! I will try it out!

Zaphod

Kava Lover
It is perfectly safe - and shelf stable for a long period of time. For me it was not not super strong, and for some has an off-putting taste compared to other fresh green kava but it is certainly worth trying to see if you like it. It is another great option for travelling versus bringing all the makings or making your own grog which is only good for a few days.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Also, I tried to buy some but the shipping was $20+! What’s up with that????
Shipping prices are usually determined by weight, so a bottle of liquid is always going to cost more to ship than dried powder.
But whatever happened to Flat Rates with USPS Priority, etc ?
EDIT : Actually the Flat Rate must still apply to domestic, because I just tried to order some, and it charged me the same $8 Shipping, as always.
So, whoever was paying $20, it must have been due to international shipping

@LyndaKaye what country are you in ?