What's new

Kava Abstinence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerome

Kava Lover
Due to an annoying and persistent symptom of a tender mouth, salty taste, and oral sensitivity to heat and spicy food, I am reluctantly taking a kava sabbatical hoping my nightly heavy shelling has some root in the problem.

It is with reluctance and no small amount of irritation I embark on this exploratory endeavor into a potentially rare negative side effect of substantial kava consumption.

What will I discover? Well so far, I find I don't like facing the evening entirely sober but after many years I already was quite convinced of that personality disorder...

It sucks not drinking kava when you've got several pounds in the pantry!

I will report back on this dreaded affair later in its progress.

D

Deleted User01

I have the same personality disorder, the inability to want to be sober on any given night. But I substituted kava for liquour and that was for the better. I think when I was running right after work, that I was able to minimize my disorder. You might try wearing yourself down in that manner and see if the helps curb "the yearning". Maybe a good excuse to shed a few pounds while you go on your sabbatical and it would help you sleep too. Nowadays, I do my workouts in the morning or early afternoon so I can still indulge. Here is one answer, a nice slow long run followed by 1 lite beer with supper immediately thereafter. That's what I would do but it might now work for everyone. Keep us posted. I often wonder what a day without mild intoxicants might feel like. :D

Jerome

Kava Lover
I have the same personality disorder, the inability to want to be sober on any given night. But I substituted kava for liquour and that was for the better. I think when I was running right after work, that I was able to minimize my disorder. You might try wearing yourself down in that manner and see if the helps curb "the yearning". Maybe a good excuse to shed a few pounds while you go on your sabbatical and it would help you sleep too. Nowadays, I do my workouts in the morning or early afternoon so I can still indulge. Here is one answer, a nice slow long run followed by 1 lite beer with supper immediately thereafter. That's what I would do but it might now work for everyone. Keep us posted. I often wonder what a day without mild intoxicants might feel like. :D
It sucked! hahaha. Yeah, I did a bunch of pull ups after dinner hoping I could burn it out. I was fine, but I would have preferred to be sloppy face kava'd. I find no improvement in my mouth today unfortunately. I'll give it a couple days then probably just give up and go to the dentist.

Jerome

Kava Lover
Alright... my fast lasted all of one day. 48 hours without kava.

I have no impulse control (and the scars to prove it). But I'm going to try some dental cures first. I did cut way back on kava and am now only drinking after EVERYTHING else I need to do is done. But my mouth feels like it's healing some with regular salt water rinse and avoiding alcohol completely.

Love kava

schatz

itchin for kava
I have made it a whole week so far and I still have little itchy red pimples going on in certain areas. Do I have to keep not drinking kava or can I just cut back like Jerome and maybe my symptoms will clear? It is Saturday night tonight and I have alot of car maintenance to perform today and know I will be sore and wanting kava tonight but dont want to prolong my itchin. If you or anyone has had experience please let me know, thanks. This sucks with 10 pds sitting around waiting to get better and especially would like to get back to my F'uu.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I have made it a whole week so far and I still have little itchy red pimples going on in certain areas. Do I have to keep not drinking kava or can I just cut back like Jerome and maybe my symptoms will clear? It is Saturday night tonight and I have alot of car maintenance to perform today and know I will be sore and wanting kava tonight but dont want to prolong my itchin. If you or anyone has had experience please let me know, thanks. This sucks with 10 pds sitting around waiting to get better and especially would like to get back to my F'uu.
I know how you feel! I've been off kava for four days now. Dermo has gone (Amlactin is a miracle) but still got the itchy red spots on my chest and back. Its the weekend - I have a huge family dinner for chinese new year tonight and have to drive all the way up to LA on a Saturday (traffic even worse on weekends) so I'll be needing some kava when I get home to wind down. I may just cave in and have a mildly potent kava! I'll let you know what happens!

schatz

itchin for kava
I know how you feel! I've been off kava for four days now. Dermo has gone (Amlactin is a miracle) but still got the itchy red spots on my chest and back. Its the weekend - I have a huge family dinner for chinese new year tonight and have to drive all the way up to LA on a Saturday (traffic even worse on weekends) so I'll be needing some kava when I get home to wind down. I may just cave in and have a mildly potent kava! I'll let you know what happens!
I feel your pain, good luck with the dinner and thanks .

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
I'm trying to cut back myself as I have been hitting the micro pretty hard, I think my problem is I keep trying to take it higher, but I almost never get there, I haven't drank any today and honestly still feel it from lastnight maybe a week or two break would do me good, sadly I can resist anything but temptation.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Giving up kava seems like a real last resort thing... just put up with the itching! I bet as soon as you had some kava you worried less about it anyway :)
I never have issues with dermo, I have just been drinking a lot of micro, gonna have to order a few more pounds between KWK and GHK sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.