What's new

Kava and Coffee

Kavtastic

Have you guys tried this convo? I drink it every morning. I'm a writer, and these two elixirs together absolutely boost my creativity.

I love this shit! Wish I discovered it earlier.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Have you guys tried this convo? I drink it every morning. I'm a writer, and these two elixirs together absolutely boost my creativity.

I love this shit! Wish I discovered it earlier.
Oh there's some magic going on behind the scenes with kava and coffee. Some people find it way too stimulatory, while others, like yourself, find it quite nice.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Kava and coffee is asking for trouble if you have insomnia. Kava potentiates coffee but if you want to potentiate java then I say Damiana. The latter has virtually no perceptible effect of its own but makes kava more perceptible.

Sorry if Damiana was off topic.

One more thing. I wonder whether Decaf java alters kava. Reason: coffee probably increases gut barrier permeability while in gut. And maybe the chlorogenic (?) acid, a major antioxidant does something, too.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Alas, I agree w kavtastic that coffee + kava combo is not that bad. Just do not do it in the afternoon and if you already are sleep deprived.