What's new

Kava and Cold Feet Possible?

StevenF

Kava Enthusiast
This might be nothing to do with Kava but as it's happened to me a couple of times and never felt it before Kava.

A couple of times after a few hours of taking Kava I've have the feeling of cold feet, to the point where I've had to wear and couple of socks. (It's snowing outside) but none of my family are feeling this.

Is it possible that it's the Kava? It's a cold feet feeling more than my feet are cold.

Is this is the kava, any ideas why it happens?

Anyone experienced this before?

AvaCat

Kava Curious
I experience this, im usually just colder in general after a few shells. Its one of the reasons i much prefer kava in the summer, in the winter i have a space heater to mitigate the winter kava chills.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I experience this, im usually just colder in general after a few shells. Its one of the reasons i much prefer kava in the summer, in the winter i have a space heater to mitigate the winter kava chills.
Same here. It makes me cold to the core. Drink it all year, but I agree it's better in the summer.

Ellviis

Kava Curious
I like taking kava a few mornings a week. I take a shell right after I wake, take a hot shower, then take another shell. The shower feels even better, and sets the tone for a post-second shell meditation

MegWho

I've experienced it and usually get cold when I drink kava. I don't mind because I run hot and being able to cool down is quite nice.

Rand McNally

Kava Curious
Well, yet another one of my little mysteries has been solved. My fingers get nearly numb they're so cold, and the hot shower feeling amazing is def where I'm at.