What's new

Kava and Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rishi678

Kava Curious
I just wanted to write a small message attesting to the anti-depressive qualities of Kava that I have noticed in the last few weeks of drinking several times a week.

I wake up these days with a positive mind set, regardless of the challenges that lie ahead and am always cheery and jovial, or at least 90% which is better than it was before I drank Kava.

I find it easier to laugh and smile in general and that makes my life that much more blessed. My relationship with my dad has benefited since we live apart and its easier for him to hear me laugh and of course all parents what to be able to hear their kids laugh :)

Not that I was super depressed before, but I was much more moody and unpredictable.

I am grateful and will continue to post my experiences here as things progress. Thanks for reading!!

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I agree, @Rishi678. It does have anti-depressant qualities that are cumulative and residual afterwards. I have dealt with depression my whole adult life (long-term treatment resistant MDD) and take an SNRI (which helps) and have run through a litany of adjunct medications without any success. Anxiety is the pump that inflates the depression for me. It's like my overall outlook slowly degrades bit by bit over time until a full blown depression strikes, and I'm crushed for weeks or months, depending. Stopping that inflation has been key to managing it in the last few years, and kava does that in spades. Poor sleep also puts me at risk for anxiety, so it's a two-for there, since kava is so sleep-friendly. Since drinking kava semi-regularly for four months, I can say that my anxiety is at an all time low, my depression is out at the periphery (still present, and still pernicious at times, but marginalized) and my ability to engage with my life and be in the present is unparallelled thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.