What's new

Kava and fear memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shredder

Kava Enthusiast
Was just wondering if any of you guys knew if kava would be useful in helping you face fears or phobias? Obviously it can be very calming and can help with anxiety but I just mean in the sense that benzos tend to fuck up learning memory which is why you can't use them to help you get past your phobias. At least, not if you wanna rid yourself of them for good.

Will kava have the same effect, or is it possible that in combination with exposure therapy, kava could really help as oppose to hindering your progress?

Last edited:

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
exposure therapy and kava has worked for me with a lot, my trauma used to be a lot worse before it regarding associations. I see a lot more clearly now, since it even attached to certain music which I'm very big on I was able to face a lot through that alone in my own bedroom. If it's associated with some body functions kava will actually allow me to sit with them and look at them as they are to help me get over it. In fact I'm doing it right now, it allows me to get a taste of the infinite if that makes enough sense. Something a lot bigger than me.

In a nutshell kava doesn't remove anything but allows me to see what is going on more clearly so I can make more sense out of it, accept it and move on. I still see certain things/places and feel off but it's nowhere as bad, it's all neurological. Like recently I had to go to the library in a part of town I never step foot in for the same reason since terror got attached to said area but though I went there and felt its imprint on me I just observed it and did my thing without hesitation and actively tried to see it a different way. I can look at anything and remove myself from the picture or at least a lower part of myself and see things from a higher perspective. I learned I'm mostly afraid of pain, being alone, and without any options/being trapped in life. This place or that just represents it to me and there's nothing I can do about that. Even if those are removed there's still a hollow feeling connected to them. Nothing for me at all so it's best only dealing what I have to and enjoy everything else. If you can master that, you can master anything. But it took a long time with kava for me, I'm still taking it in and learning more about how I should live. After all kava is in limited quantity and expensive, my favorites aren't gonna be here forever. I gotta be ready to go without it someday.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I think it would help with exposure therapy. I Would say it has for me when it comes to social anxiety. It's close enough to a natural state to make those associations

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Kava definately helps me process through emotions in a manner that's less upsetting than it usually is.

Occationally I'll have spurts of over doing the kava and then feel all dehydrated a slow. That's when I back off and take some milk thistle and focus on water intake.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I need to get more milk thistle. Do you use it as a tincture ?

I believe kava would be helpful in this regard.

A question for those who have a lot of phobias. Do you have allergies ?
I use the Jarrow brand pills because a third party testing service said that one is one of the best in quality for what's commonly available. I've noticed too much at once can cause bloating, FYI.

I do have allergies, and also CPTSD. I believe it's all stemmed from the nervous system which is why kava is such an important tool for me. I feel it calms certain aspects of my nervous system dysregulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.