What's new

Kava and Kovid

GhostGoose

Kavaman3000
Does anyone know how the usage of kava affects those infected with Covid-19? I’m currently positive with mild symptoms and thinking about squeezing some up to help with muscle aches. Thoughts?

Halibut_Acid

Krunkadelic
This is interesting I was wondering this myself earlier as I haven't seen anyone else on here post that they have it. I would say it would be pretty low risk to give it a try. I know I'd be drinking kava if I had covid. But as far as any actual evidence I don't know.

GhostGoose

Kavaman3000
Went ahead on the road to anecdotal research and the result is that I almost don’t even feel sick. So I’m guessing the only issues would be:
1. Overexerting due to feeling better
2. Dehydration

I started doing house chores immediately after feeling “better”, when I probably should have gotten back in the bed. BUT, if I don’t feel the consequences in the morning this would be a good way to boost myself for an hour or 2 to get some things done. And I also have electrolyte packets to help offset the dehydration. I’ll post again tomorrow and let you know if the benefits outweighed the cost! Bula

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I'm no doctor but I think you would be fine if you use it in moderation and stay hydrated. How does it feel for you? like a mild flu? I'm always paranoid I have it everytime I get the sniffles.

GhostGoose

Kavaman3000
I'm no doctor but I think you would be fine if you use it in moderation and stay hydrated. How does it feel for you? like a mild flu? I'm always paranoid I have it everytime I get the sniffles.
My coworkers and I have all been testing positive over the last few weeks. As far as I can tell I have it nowhere near as bad as they did, my case is like a mild flu. I’ve been sleeping a TON and have body aches and chills, lost taste for a couple days but it’s back for the most part. It really varies from person to person.

GhostGoose

Kavaman3000
I drank plenty of kava when I was sick back in March, no problems to report. Definitely helps with the anxiety.
Good point about the anxiety, I was definitely able to relax a little this evening. When the initial kava effects wore off it was sort of back to immediately feeling sick, and it wore off a little faster than normal. But the muscle relaxing seems to still be in effect which is a godsend!

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Does anyone know how the usage of kava affects those infected with Covid-19? I’m currently positive with mild symptoms and thinking about squeezing some up to help with muscle aches. Thoughts?
I don't know about anyone else - but anytime I have had a severe cold with a fever, chills I never really wanted to drink kava. It probably doesn't hurt to have kava but it might not be as useful or enjoyable as you might think. If you just have mild symptoms or aches that are causing you to not sleep it might help. That said - no one really knows what any possible interaction might be. I would also caution that kava has a tendency to dehydrate - which along with a fever could exacerbate any issues so if you do decide to continue drink lots of fluids with electrolytes (pediasure, gatorade, etc.). Good luck regardless of your course of action!

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I had a definite covid case myself a few months ago. I have nearly zero immune system and am remarkably prone to severe respiratory infection.

Covid was not even my top 5 infections I have dealth with. Luckily, my electromedicine treatments work against all pathogenic respiratory infectiions.

Some are quick and easy to lower and clear, others can be more stubborn, taking frequent treatment over time to keep right down, until lowering and clearing.

But the Corona responded quite quickly to the electricity treatments. It wasn't too hard to lower quickly.

I had 2 Coxsackie Viruses at the same time and at the tail end of the Corona. Coxsackke A21, a new one to me, is the worst infection, besides Borrelia Bacteria (but that's a different sort of infection altogether, although both are neurological), I have ever had.

It raged far more aggressively than covid, in the lungs and all over the body. Causing seriius harm and havoc.

I drank kava daily as pers usual while I had covid. I certainly observed no contraindication.

In fact it helped a lot. I wasn't sleeping much, so was really fatigued and achey muscularly.

Each day, after my kava, I was moving around like a ballerina lol. Kava is amazing for freeing up tension and pain, facilitating more comfortable movement.

Vitamin D is vital against covid. We use Nature's answer vitamin d3 drops. Good, naturally sourced product.

But from my experience and general view, there should be no problem caused by drinking kava with a corona infection. I certainly observed or felt no negative effects for sure.