What's new

Kava and My Liver

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Since everyone (who is anyone) knows I sometimes drink tudei kava, I thought I would post my latest test results. Have no idea what the results mean. Hope someone can tell me if I'm going to live long enough to finish the code I'm writing for the forum. ::rootedgrin::

I think these are my liver and kidney results. I have other test results but I don't know what they are or if they are relevant.
TestResults.png

verticity

I'm interested in things
Shouldn't your doctor be able to tell you what they mean?
I'm not one of those (doctor), but those numbers all appear to be in the "standard range", so looks good to me, who am not a doctor. Did I mention I'm not a doctor?
Your race is "non black". that's interesting, so possibly brown, white or magenta?

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Shouldn't your doctor be able to tell you what they mean?
I'm not one of those (doctor), but those numbers all appear to be in the "standard range", so looks good to me, who am not a doctor. Did I mention I'm not a doctor?
Your race is "non black". that's interesting, so possibly brown, white or magenta?
I never go to the doctor unless I think something is seriously wrong. And my doctor only calls me unless something is seriously wrong. I just got these results today, and I'll probably email him and ask. Sometimes he'll reply. With Kaiser Permanete you don't really get to pick your doctor. In some cases you may get a limited choice to pick from.

I'm "non purple" too. Hope that helps mon. :)

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Since everyone (who is anyone) knows I sometimes drink tudei kava, I thought I would post my latest test results. Have no idea what the results mean. Hope someone can tell me if I'm going to live long enough to finish the code I'm writing for the forum. ::rootedgrin::

I think these are my liver and kidney results. I have other test results but I don't know what they are or if they are relevant.
View attachment 2885
These results look totally normal. If alt, bilirubin, or ast are elevated then you know your liver is having trouble. The liver filters things out by sometimes destroying its own cells along with it when its having a hard time, which causes it to leak ast and alt out, if some serious damage is starting to occur or has occurred, those enzymes go high. Bilirubin should never be very high as its almost entirely contained in the liver. High bilirubin indicates a bile duct problem due to liver damage. Creatinine is a metabolic byproduct that is normally excreted by the kidneys. When the kidneys are failing to adequately filter the blood, creatinine goes high.

Last edited:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
These results look totally normal. If alt, bilirubin, or ast are elevated then you know your liver is having trouble. The liver filters things out by sometimes destroying its own cells along with it when its having a hard time, which causes it to leak ast and alt out, if some serious damage is starting to occur or has occurred, those enzymes go high. Bilirubin should never be very high as its almost entirely contained in the liver. High bilirubin indicates a bile duct problem due to liver damage. Creatinine is a metabolic byproduct that is normally excreted by the kidneys. When the kidneys are failing to adequately filter the blood, creatinine goes high.
Thank you very much for the laymans explanation!! (y)

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Here's what my doctor says (slightly edited):
Dear HeadHodge,

Labs are looking great. Only abnormal value was slightly low sodium which may be due to blood pressure medication. We will keep an eye on that

Feel free to email me if you have any further questions.

Regards,
TABRIZI MD
Hoot... Hoot... Bring on the Koniak!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.