What's new

Kava and new tattoo

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
Im wondering if a tattoo could be affected by kava when its healing? Given the skin is already dry and flakey. Anyone have any experience with this

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Im wondering if a tattoo could be affected by kava when its healing? Given the skin is already dry and flakey. Anyone have any experience with this
I have direct experience with this and as long as your skin isn't split, bleeding and peeling (in the throws of dermo) it should be fine. I got my first and only tattoo on my back of a goldfish cracker. It was originally cheddar (yellow-orange), however during my full on dermopathy with micronized labeled "tu-day" kava it changed from a yellow cheddar to more of a "cheddar-jack" type of color over the entire piece. Where the dermo caused my skin to split it made light lines through it.

In short, as long as you're not suffering from dermapothy it should be okay. If your skin is dry and peeling, then I would personally give kava a few weeks rest before I got inked.

scaryjarri

Kava Curious
Ive been getting tattooed monthly for about 18 months and kava is really great to drink while getting tattooed. I drink it a little too much but getting through ribs or 8 hour sessions is pretty brutal so anything helps. I would double your water consumption if you can. Even try and get really hydrated a few days before. I always try and sleep better and relax a vouple days before a tattoo but fail miserably as I seem to always be doing some project or 10.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Ive been getting tattooed monthly for about 18 months and kava is really great to drink while getting tattooed. I drink it a little too much but getting through ribs or 8 hour sessions is pretty brutal so anything helps. I would double your water consumption if you can. Even try and get really hydrated a few days before. I always try and sleep better and relax a vouple days before a tattoo but fail miserably as I seem to always be doing some project or 10.
That must be on hell of a tattoo.