What's new

Kava and Statins.

D

Deleted User01

I'm getting ready to start taking Red Yeast Rice to help control cholesterol. Are their any known problems with mixing this botantical with Kava? In addition, does anyone know of any problems with Curamin and Kava.

Bert07

Me like da kava
I take my fair share of supplements (vitamins/minerals/botanicals/herbs) each day and I've never had any side effects from mixing the two. When I read the title I thought you were referring to actual pharmaceutical statin drugs and in that case I'd be more wary. Of course no one should underestimate the power of natural supplements but did you know drinking green tea, eating nuts or artichoke leaves act as natural statins as well? In my opinion, I think Red Yeast Rice with kava is more than fine and that goes for Curcumin as well. Curcumin found in turmeric is actually part of the ginger family, and I along with many others take ginger all the time close to a kava session to help alleviate any nausea or upset stomach.

D

Deleted User01

I googled it the other day and I did see the green tea, walnuts, artichoke leaves, etc. on there. And of course fiber is good as weel. I actually need to finish the green tea that I have. It's the good stuff but I got too involved with coffee. I'm just at a point where I may need to starting doing Lipitor and I'm looking for a botanical that might match it. Or at least come close to it. Thank's for reminding me about the tea, I'm going to make some now.