What's new

Kava and Unity

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Kava has a history of being the social lubricant to discussing difficult problems. I'd like to use this thread to post material one can read while drinking shells that works towards learning about gender issues. I follow r/menslib and I think this is a good start:
Do you have something informative and positive to contribute? I'll keep posting as I come across things I find relevant to unity.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
I am a heterosexual male. I used to wear a skirt and finger nail polish to a rural, conservative high school in Southern VA because I didn't want to conform to cultural gender stereotypes. I talk about feelings everyday, maybe too much :p

A real man talks about his feelings with his spouse and asks them about their feelings on a daily basis. I try to to ask my children how they are feeling on a daily basis as well and get them to talk about it. I think that this encouraged tough guy persona is what drives a lot of men to bury their feelings.

We are all one.

TOOL: PNEUMA
We are spirit bound to this flesh
We go round one foot nailed down
But bound to reach out and beyond this flesh
Become Pneuma
We are will and wonder
Bound to recall, remember
We are born of one breath, one word
We are all one spark, sun becoming

KavaStudent

Kava Lover and Jacob great and inspiring posts you both made.

I do feel like a predator by default being a man in society. The way some women look at me even when I’m conveying a positive expression on my face say’s it all. But this is the world we live in and who we are. Most men are made stronger, bigger and more masculine than women, especially when testosterone is added into the picture. So I can understand why a lot of women feel the way they do about us, especially given our track record. But males and females were not built alike for a reason. Women were built for a certain role in this world and men were built for a different role. At the end of the day all we are is wild animals just like the rest of Mother Nature, we humans are no different, even though a lot of us like to believe that we are. It is a man’s natural “animal instinct” to search for pray, search for a mate, make sure the family is safe and to survive. A woman’s role(Don’t quote me on this, I’m not our creator) I believe is to conceive, take care of the children, be a support system to the male and survive as well.The survival instinct in women should be highlighted because of how differently men and women are made, women feel a lot of times like the pray and can we blame them? It still doesn’t make
It fair or right to make bias assumptions by default, but it’s true.

So with all that said, it’s normal why females feel victimized the way they do, but it’s not our fault as men either and neither is it fair or right to judge us on how we were built to operate in this world( and vice versa).

We are all wild animals, plain and simple, but the majority of us will never recognize and accept this fact unfortunately.For example we are no different than lions and bears, except for being maybe a little, or a lot more intellectual based on all that us “humans/wild animals“ have created.

But I agree, societies of all cultures should start unifying and coming together in bigger numbers to support eachother in not so fortunate situations, rather than just in good, but even in good situations bystanders exist.

This is just my view on thing’s, don’t judge me if you feel different, this is me expressing my views!

Last edited:

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.

I do feel like a predator by default being a man in society. The way some women look at me even when I’m conveying a positive expression on my face say’s it all. But this is the world we live in and who we are. Most men are made stronger, bigger and more masculine than women, especially when testosterone is added into the picture. So I can understand why a lot of women feel the way they do about us, especially given our track record. But males and females were not built alike for a reason. Women were built for a certain role in this world and men were built for a different role. At the end of the day all we are is wild animals just like the rest of Mother Nature, we humans are no different, even though a lot of us like to believe that we are. It is a man’s natural “animal instinct” to search for pray, search for a mate, make sure the family is safe and to survive. A woman’s role(Don’t quote me on this, I’m not our creator) I believe is to conceive, take care of the children, be a support system to the male and survive as well.The survival instinct in women should be highlighted because of how differently men and women are made, women feel a lot of times like the pray and can we blame them? It still doesn’t make

So with all that said, it’s normal why females feel victimized the way they do, but it’s not our fault as men either and neither is it fair or right to judge us on how we were built to operate in this world( and vice versa).

We are all wild animals, plain and simple, but the majority of us will never recognize and accept this fact unfortunately.For example we are no different than lions and bears, except for being maybe a little, or a lot more intellectual based on all that us “humans/wild animals“ have created.

But I agree, societies of all cultures should start unifying and coming together in bigger numbers to support eachother in not so fortunate situations, rather than just in good, but even in good situations bystanders exist.

This is just my view on thing’s, don’t judge me if you feel different, this is me expressing my views!
I was worried you were going to start singing the 'The Bad Touch' by the Bloodhound Gang there for a second!

I think roles in gender evolve as the needs of humanity evolves.

As per this quote:
It's not about nature so much as unnecessary violence and mistreatment. I know, not all men, but enough if you look at the stats.

I certainly don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable here though. Please know I'm not attacking. I'm demonstrating that when people take the time to listen to other views, even when uncomfortable, it helps.

Thanks for sharing! I see you started on here exactly yesterday. How did you find kava?

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
I am a heterosexual male. I used to wear a skirt and finger nail polish to a rural, conservative high school in Southern VA because I didn't want to conform to cultural gender stereotypes. I talk about feelings everyday, maybe too much :p

A real man talks about his feelings with his spouse and asks them about their feelings on a daily basis. I try to to ask my children how they are feeling on a daily basis as well and get them to talk about it. I think that this encouraged tough guy persona is what drives a lot of men to bury their feelings.

We are all one.

TOOL: PNEUMA
We are spirit bound to this flesh
We go round one foot nailed down
But bound to reach out and beyond this flesh
Become Pneuma
We are will and wonder
Bound to recall, remember
We are born of one breath, one word
We are all one spark, sun becoming

Such a good song. Such a good album. Such a phenoomenal band.

Jacob Bula

Nobody

Amazon product
This book explores the history of partnership societies vs dominator societies and provides examples of how we lived in more of partnership style relationships with women and men for the majority of human history. Men have more muscle mass than women, women birth and feed children,, so biological differences between genders does create minor differences in roles in society, but they are exaggerated much more now than they used to be.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Amazon product
This book explores the history of partnership societies vs dominator societies and provides examples of how we lived in more of partnership style relationships with women and men for the majority of human history. Men have more muscle mass than women, women birth and feed children,, so biological differences between genders does create minor differences in roles in society, but they are exaggerated much more now than they used to be.
This is a good point. I haven't read this book, but yes current American culture doesn't represent history or even all of the world. There's other countries not this way right now and there's world history of more balanced ways of being! What was your favorite part of the book?

Jacob Bula

Nobody
This is a good point. I haven't read this book, but yes current American culture doesn't represent history or even all of the world. There's other countries not this way right now and there's world history of more balanced ways of being! What was your favorite part of the book?
To be honest, I haven't read the book. I am aware of the book, because I really love the book, The Food of the Gods, by Terence McKenna which uses passages from Riane Eisler's book about Partnership societies vs Dominator societies to explain our current cultural preferences for certain drugs such as caffeine, nicotine and alcohol and our aversion to drugs that create unity and a more interpersonal dependence, such as cannabis and traditional psychedelics.

It is on my list of books to read, but my backlog is getting pretty large.