What's new

Powdered Kava Review Kava Bati

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
Hello fellow kava junkies. :)
Caveat: I am a kava newb and still learning the terminology for things so hopefully this review makes some sense. At any rate this is my first formal kava review so just keep my newbieness and inexperience in the backs of your minds as you read it. :)

Bati is a very nice well balanced kava in my experience. I have drunk it on four separate occasions now with both traditional prep as well as with the aluball. The taste of the Bati is strong (similar to Squanch's Waka though not as strong). The grind is very fine and Aluball friendly which isn't surprising since it's from Kavafied. It has a strong peppery smell to it.

After my first shell I had an immediate numbing on my lips, entire inside of my mouth and the back of my throat. I thought that the effects were going to hit me really hard since it started out with such a strong numbing and since the taste is pretty astringent, but the effects came on nice and gentle. The effects sort of just creeped up on me real slow and gentle, but pretty quickly after drinking the first two shells. I had the sensation that I was descending, as if I was going down into myself. Picture a ride on a really slow elevator going down. Something like that. With the descent came a sort of radiating relaxation. It wasn't like a wave of relaxation washing over me, rather it felt more akin to how the sun radiates heat from the whole. My body just was radiating with the kava like that.

My mind felt tranquil and happy and my body felt relaxed and I even experienced some pain relief, but it wasn't in anyway over powering or overly heavy. I could easily have worked and done any type of task required if I were in an office or in any other job type setting without any impairment. In other words it gave nice head and body effects without it taking me to total Krunksville or making me sleepy.

I am still a newb so I am still learning how strong to make the kava, how far out to space my shells and how it interacts with foods and I think those things effected my different experiences with the Bati. The first time I took it the effects lasted only 4 hours for me and the majority of the effects came right up front. I did however eat bread after which I later learned kills the effects so YMMV. I've also drunk waaaaaay too much of it on two occasions and haven gotten nausea from it, but that I attribute to my own newbieness and user error. I'm sure a more experienced kava drinker will have no problems navigating this one. The longest I have felt the effects for were around 6 hours or so although I do feel some residual relaxation the next day.

And in the spirit of honesty and full disclosure I will even add that I did experience some mild aphrodisiac effects with this kava. So yeah fellas this might be a good one to have with your S.O. for a nice romantic evening. (y)

All in all I think Bati is a great choice for day time well balanced kava that could just as easily transition to a nice relaxing evening with friends or someone you love. I could see this being a good one for people who like to meditate given the way it makes you feel like you are going inside of yourself. I could just as easily see this being a great kava for anyone working a normal job with typical job stress. Definitely takes the edge off in a really nice and pleasant way. :)

I think Kavafied did a great job on this kava and would recommend it to anyone looking for a light kava for day or evening. :)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Great review, thanks for posting it!

kava sextrip tip: if at any point while drinking a kava you feel an aphrodisiac effect (and yeah, it happens) immediately stop drinking kava, Just ride out the krunk and enjoy. then get a good night's sleep. the next day do not drink any kava. just make love. all day. like a crazed weasel. even better if you have a partner. bonk till you can't even semi bonk. then drink a shitload of kava.

you'll thank me later

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Nice review!. As to terminology, I find the words heavy and heady confusing personally. I totally respect how these forums use them and they know what they mean. I just went what ever came to mind with my few reviews so far.

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
Nice review!. As to terminology, I find the words heavy and heady confusing personally. I totally respect how these forums use them and they know what they mean. I just went what ever came to mind with my few reviews so far.
I still have trouble too with using all of the terminology, but I think for review purposes if you can just describe what you are experiencing to the best of your ability, the people reading it can discern for themselves if it is "heavy", "heady" or balanced and if it is something that they will enjoy or not. :)