What's new

Kava bumps/dry skin

TraderMitch

Kava Curious
So I've noticed bumps and dry skin on my arms and my neck, I've read that this is a common side effect of drinking Kava.

Do you guy's just lotion the affected areas and be sure to stay hydrated everyday to combat this?

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
So I've noticed bumps and dry skin on my arms and my neck, I've read that this is a common side effect of drinking Kava.

Do you guy's just lotion the affected areas and be sure to stay hydrated everyday to combat this?

Yes drink plenty of water the day after drinking Kava. The dry skin is normal with drinking kava. If you decide you are going to be a heavy Kava drinker stock up on some good lotion lol

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
I got it from kavavied lapita multiple multiole times. I have never had it since i switched from that variety. Maybe a switch up and see if persists? Definitely have some coconut oil after the session as well

Aloha Kava

Aloha Kava Guy
Kava Vendor

From what I've seen, cutting back a little for a week or so solves the problem, and personally, I've only had it once (for about a week) and then never again. If anything, I drink harder than before. Everyone's different, but my point is to not be deterred. Take it easy, drink more water when you have kava, and things should resolve.

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast

I use Amlactin lotion on the occasions it flairs up if I get slack with my hydration. That lotion is the tits mcgee.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin

The easiest way to curb dermo is to drink less or not everyday, I suppose everyone is different and I am prone to dermo but ever since I cut back some, I haven't had dermo. Within the last 2 years I might have had one mild case.

Nirad

Kava Curious
I use "Goldbond Diabetic" lotion, slather it on after your shower and it isn't greasy and really helps, that and stay hydrated. I usually drink medium grind so tossing and washing sounds terrible (I know, or hope, most toss and wash micro!) but I'd imagine either are not conducive to being hydrated.

Dry or cracked skin can occur for various reasons, whether it's skin problems or poor nutrition, or low temperatures outside. Most forms of dry skin can be treated at home using natural solutions. But it is important to monitor its evolution and go to a medical examination in case of complications. Signs and symptoms associated with dry or damaged skin may differ depending on age or health. I've found a cosmetic dermatologist near me who is board certified in dermatology and dermatopathology and has served on the faculty of several universities around the country.

Last edited: