What's new

Kava calculations 1 tbs = 6.5g . That's ALOT!

redstar

Kava, Kava
So I just got my GHK micro mahakea today, cant wait to try it tomorrow. I just got did some calculations to see how long this will last me. I weighted 1 tablesoon and it equaled 6.5 grams! so that means a half pound (112 grams) is 34 tablespoons.

Then if I do 4 tablespoons every time that only equals 8 days! wow, i thought it would last me longer than that. I plan to partake 5 days a week so that would only last me a little over a week.

I really hope i dont need 4 tbs to feel it, anyone ever feel it with just 2-3 tablespoons? I really want to buy GHK exclusively, but i wouldn't be able to afford it, if it took me 4 tbs each time to feel it.

CentaurianSlug

My waka's got makas but still "rakas"
So I just got my GHK micro mahakea today, cant wait to try it tomorrow. I just got did some calculations to see how long this will last me. I weighted 1 tablesoon and it equaled 6.5 grams! so that means a half pound (112 grams) is 34 tablespoons.

Then if I do 4 tablespoons every time that only equals 8 days! wow, i thought it would last me longer than that. I plan to partake 5 days a week so that would only last me a little over a week.

I really hope i dont need 4 tbs to feel it, anyone ever feel it with just 2-3 tablespoons? I really want to buy GHK exclusively, but i wouldn't be able to afford it, if it took me 4 tbs each time to feel it.
I can definitely feel better at 2tbs but it takes a bit more to satisfy me completely. 1/2 lb of mahakea will last me about 5 days. It is a very smooth well balanced kava. I can't afford to ghk all the time either but it is worth the extra money. This is top of the line product second to none in quality.

redstar

Kava, Kava
When it has to do with my health, i rather spend the extra amount of money for the better quality product. I read that the lower quality stuff has more "makas" i think they were called? that causes derma & stomach upset..

If 2tbs will do the job, then I will feel better justifying GHK for my term solution to my anxiety. I dont want to get krunked.. I want to be anxiety free, feel alittle good, and be able to work, "i want to use this for daytime, im starting a profession in sales" and im a little nervous.

@CentaurianSlug you say a 1/2lb lasts you 5 days? so does that mean you take 6tbs a day?

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I use 10 tbs, and my wife uses about 8. We get about 4 or 5 days out of a pound, depending on the Kava. Also Kava, with the exception of Gourmet Hawaiian Kava (GHK) they make micronized Kava with out the "Makes". Much Love Roaddog....

Last edited:

CentaurianSlug

My waka's got makas but still "rakas"
When it has to do with my health, i rather spend the extra amount of money for the better quality product. I read that the lower quality stuff has more "makas" i think they were called? that causes derma & stomach upset..

If 2tbs will do the job, then I will feel better justifying GHK for my term solution to my anxiety. I dont want to get krunked.. I want to be anxiety free, feel alittle good, and be able to work, "i want to use this for daytime, im starting a profession in sales" and im a little nervous.

@CentaurianSlug you say a 1/2lb lasts you 5 days? so does that mean you take 6tbs a day?
yes I guess so or maybe more. I don't really measure. I use two giant tablespoons, the kind you eat with not measuring spoons. So it does probably equate to 6 or more true tbs. It takes more for me than the average Joe I think tho. If I'm really stressed I will double that dosage.

redstar

Kava, Kava
I use 10 tbs and my wife uses about 8, we get about 4 or 5 days out of a pound, depending on the Kava. Also Kava, with the exception of Gourmet Hawaiian Kava (GHK) they make micronized Kava with out the "Makes". Much Love Roaddog....
you use 10tbs of GHK micro? or are you referring to root which i heard you need double the amount?

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
2.5 tbsp of GHK Instant Moi was plenty to feel a good strong kava effect. Micro being more potent (presumably because it's whole-root) I'd think on average you'd be fine with 2 tbsp, but I haven't tried the micro myself.

Brohepa

Kava Curious
I must be sensitive.. I only use 1 tablespoon of micro per 250ml and even then i only drink half and refill the cup with water. I do this 3 or 4 times untill its gone.

Works a treat :)

Bert07

Me like da kava
2.5 tbsp of GHK Instant Moi was plenty to feel a good strong kava effect. Micro being more potent (presumably because it's whole-root) I'd think on average you'd be fine with 2 tbsp, but I haven't tried the micro myself.
Is micro really more potent? I'm reading conflicting opinions on this. Still have yet to try it but the last time I had instant from BKH, after a few tsp (not tbs), it hit me nice and hard. Grog+Instant for me, holy moses - enough of both combined and I'm seeing double.

mitchwFSU

Kava Curious
Is micro really more potent? I'm reading conflicting opinions on this. Still have yet to try it but the last time I had instant from BKH, after a few tsp (not tbs), it hit me nice and hard. Grog+Instant for me, holy moses - enough of both combined and I'm seeing double.
It appears from my session last night and the start of tonight's session that the GHK micro is more potent gram for gram as compared to med grind. And I usually do a second wash on the med grind. I'm taking the micro mixed in water with pineapple as a chaser. FWIW hope that helps Bert

Roaddog

Kava Who?
you use 10tbs of GHK micro? or are you referring to root which i heard you need double the amount?
No, I use 10 tbs of regular ground root powder. I was simply saying GHKs Micro is the only Kava without Makas. But I don't use Micro much myself. Micro is somewhat more potent. I generally use about 6 tsp instead of 10. much Love Roaddog....

Bert07

Me like da kava
It appears from my session last night and the start of tonight's session that the GHK micro is more potent gram for gram as compared to med grind. And I usually do a second wash on the med grind. I'm taking the micro mixed in water with pineapple as a chaser. FWIW hope that helps Bert
What do you think about micro vs instant though in terms of potency? - Given you tried both.

mitchwFSU

Kava Curious
What do you think about micro vs instant though in terms of potency? - Given you tried both.
For me it seems as if any differences between micro and instant are negligible. I'm comparing mahakea micro to instant here. Did 6 tbs of micro tonight and just realized that my eyes are a bit crossed. ::couch::

mitchwFSU

Kava Curious
For me it seems as if any differences between micro and instant are negligible. I'm comparing mahakea micro to instant here. Did 6 tbs of micro tonight and just realized that my eyes are a bit crossed. ::couch::
The micro doesn't seem to irritate my stomach as reported by others. Multiple days of use my affect that though, I'll report back on that one Bert. Eyes crossed, knees weak, baby's in bed, moms drinking wine, I think I'm good for the night... :bored:, oh maybe one more before dinner :hungry:

xerarch

Kava Curious
My regular dose is 1 teaspoon for micro, or 1 tablespoon for regular ground root. Being a lightweight is very cost-effective. :)

We're all different, so there's no way to know in advance what will work for you. But hopefully you will enjoy finding out!