What's new

Kava Instant Review Kava Chai

Naijomii

Kava Curious
The taste of this was AWESOME, why has no body reviewed this before? I'm a big coffee kind of girl but by the end of the month I tend to run out of things with being on a fixed income. I've had this bag of chai in my tea cupboard a little while now and finally decided to give it a whirl. Wow am I glad I did!

First thing I noticed was a bit of back of the tongue numbing, no bitterness, no kava taste (to me) just sweet yummy goodness but being the hard head I am I decided to go back and make one with water just to be sure it is still yummy as heck! You have to be sure after all that it wasn't the chalky protein shake making it so yummy!

Ok so water and the rest of the bag (the other 3 Tablespoons) in the mug and mixed . Definite numbing this time and actually feel pretty good right now. No stress or anxiety just relaxed . I apologize now for not being able to rate heady or heavy or the sedative effect, so far all kava seems to give me the exact same feeling, just calm and relaxed, not tired or wound up, peaceful would be a better word I think.

Now mind you I'm one of the hard headed (in so many ways my hubby would say) so I doubt others would need as much to feel the relaxed calm it gives. And still no kava taste to me, might be awesome to give someone wanting to try kava as a foot in the door without the bitterness so long as they like chai flavor.

It only comes in 4 ounce bags sadly but I really do like it. I wish I could give more details on effects but they all still seem pretty much the same to me as I mentioned above. The taste even with just water is still awesome and for under 10 bucks I'd say you'd be crazy not to at least try it (again providing you like the taste of chai).

D

Deleted User01

Great review @Naijomii. That's something I will probably never try, however it was super interesting reading about it. I love my coffee too. It's what brings me out of my beautiful mellow kava stupor in the morning. I hope to heck that you never run out of coffee.

Naijomii

Kava Curious
Thanks, I don't generally do reviews but I got this on a whim and was surprised how tasty it was, perfect for a slow morning for me.

D

Deleted User01

Perfect for a slow morning? Is it work friendly? Now you piqued my interest. Or is perfect for a Sunday Morning?

Naijomii

Kava Curious
I'd say more a Sunday morning but I'd say it was work friendly, I did work after even if it was just around the house. I'm a die hard with my coffee but this was actually a nice change, it really did surprise me.

Kimmer

Patently irritable
I think it's work friendly. And on really bad days, I toss in a tsp. of 11-year. Makes it a little less yummy but puts me in a much better mood.