What's new

Kava Chasers

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
Im sure we can all agree that the taste of Kava isn't great.. I know several people that actually like the taste and prefer not to use a chaser while drinking Kava.. But most Kava drinkers I know have a chaser while drinking Kava and most of them have their "go to" Kava chaser. I've used Brisk raspberry ice tea for the longest because it killed the Kava taste almost instantly.. and because of how sweet it is. Just recently started using Wether's Original Caramel Candy chews and haven't been back to using the brisk ice tea since!

What is everyone's "go to" Kava chaser? if you have one..

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
I actually kind of enjoy the taste of kava most of the time. But there are days or certain varieties where a little chaser really helps a lot.

My favorite is mango juice. If you can't get any (or don't want to mess around making some yourself), orange juice also does the trick. Make sure to buy natural juice without added sugar.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Personally I go for the Vanuatu chaser, plain water and spitting. My trick is to get the kava as cold as possible and down it all at once while not breathing through my nose. Typically takes care of any lingering flavors after the rinse.

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
I actually kind of enjoy the taste of kava most of the time. But there are days or certain varieties where a little chaser really helps a lot.

My favorite is mango juice. If you can't get any (or don't want to mess around making some yourself), orange juice also does the trick. Make sure to buy natural juice without added sugar.
Im going to have to give mango juice a try!

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
Personally I go for the Vanuatu chaser, plain water and spitting. My trick is to get the kava as cold as possible and down it all at once while not breathing through my nose. Typically takes care of any lingering flavors after the rinse.

I haven't heard that one before! Im going to give this a try this weekend?
You said they call it the Vanuatu Chaser? Thats pretty dope!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I haven't heard that one before! Im going to give this a try this weekend?
You said they call it the Vanuatu Chaser? Thats pretty dope!
Oh, that's just what I call it :) It seems to be prominently the way kava drinkers in Vanuatu deal with it. Spit and rinse. Of course they mix extremely strong, so the taste is less than pleasant, lol

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
Oh, that's just what I call it :) It seems to be prominently the way kava drinkers in Vanuatu deal with it. Spit and rinse. Of course they mix extremely strong, so the taste is less than pleasant, lol
Well the "Vanuatu Chaser" has a nice ring to it! lol I'm going to pass that a long to my kava buddies for sure!

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor

Mango juice is a good one! Have you tried actual mango slices? It is a pretty good chaser also!

Ellviis

Kava Curious
I used some Mio w/electrolytes the other day in my grog, after I placed a few shells worth in a water bottle. Figured maybe a little electro to help counteract dehydration. Tasted good, and the flavor covered enough of the kava where I didn’t need a chaser

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
I used some Mio w/electrolytes the other day in my grog, after I placed a few shells worth in a water bottle. Figured maybe a little electro to help counteract dehydration. Tasted good, and the flavor covered enough of the kava where I didn’t need a chaser
Its crazy I used to use Mio as an alcohol chaser! lol For some reason it never came to mind to use it for Kava! I might try it!

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
Mango juice is a good one! Have you tried actual mango slices? It is a pretty good chaser also!
I actually have! But I like drinking the juice more. Mango is really great because it has quite an intensive flavor and reminds me of tropical islands. And the flavor really fits with the peppery note of kava, in my opinion, and is able to take the edge off some extremely peppery and nasty kava varieties. :LOL: You can also try mixing kava (traditionally prepared medium grind, or micronized/instant) and mango juice, if you want a new kava drink experience. Make sure to stir well.