What's new

Kava Chasers

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
That's why I suggested you get unsweetened juice. Yes, mango or orange juice are naturally sweet, but that's a completely different kind of sweet than this added sugar stuff, which punches you in the face with its sugary sugarness and is unhealthy in addition.

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
That's why I suggested you get unsweetened juice. Yes, mango or orange juice are naturally sweet, but that's a completely different kind of sweet than this added sugar stuff, which punches you in the face with its sugary sugarness and is unhealthy in addition.
Definitely agree!

bogmonkey

Kava? Yes please!
I *love* the taste of kava! (but to be fair I only get premium kavas, like Kava Time's Gourmet SavuSavu Waka, which has a vanilla-like finish)
I also add full-fat half and half to my kava...the kavalactones love the high lactose content, and the cream gives the kava a silky (very drinkable) texture.

I haven't bought kava at a kava bar in years...the stuff I have at home is of superior quality, and the cost differential is astounding.
Cheers!

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
I *love* the taste of kava! (but to be fair I only get premium kavas, like Kava Time's Gourmet SavuSavu Waka, which has a vanilla-like finish)
I also add full-fat half and half to my kava...the kavalactones love the high lactose content, and the cream gives the kava a silky (very drinkable) texture.

I haven't bought kava at a kava bar in years...the stuff I have at home is of superior quality, and the cost differential is astounding.
Cheers!

Haven't tried the SavuSavu Waka from Kava Time but it sounds great!
Good call on adding the fat source for releasing more of the Kavalactones!
and I agree with Drinking Kava at home rather than buying Kava drinks at the Kava Bar..

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I don't normally use a chaser, but sometimes will have some candied ginger with my kava. Vaping helps the taste too if it's a fruit flavor.

I have a friend who puts some stevia and a smidge of their favorite flavored coffee creamer. Another friend will put almond milk and "fancy cinnamon" from Trader Joes.

D Novak

Kava Curious
My kava chaser is water and kava powder until I become reacclimated. I have taken a multiple year break; I used to like the taste and I am getting back there. Water seems to wash out the mouth quick and leave the mouth with a bare saliva taste. The taste of kava seems well water soluble. Just rinse a few times and you're good to go. Other than that, as stated above, I vape and that seems to knock out any residual bitterness. I do like the peppery-wood flavor of kava though. why knock it out or hide it, I figure. I toss and wash more often though, maybe I get less taste that way. I find it similar to when you've become acclimated to the taste of alcohol and prefer straight vodka/moonshine opposed to the fruity mixed drinks.
Edit 1: I dont drink the cheaper kavas, that I might need a chaser for drinking/tossing multiple shells worth

TJrriffic

Porkchop Express Driver
Karuna kavas kava lava is a great chaser I've found. I don't need it as the regular taste doesn't bug me, but the taste of the lava is delicious and strong. Really cleanses your palate and you only need just a half teaspoon tiny bit of it. Great stuff.

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
I also found clementines make a great chaser because unlike an orange they are smaller so you don't fill up on them and reduce the effectiveness of the kava. The fact that you can peel them easily by hand is definately a bonus.