What's new

Kava Cola

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Has anyone had a chance to try?  I know anyone can mix caffeine and sugar with kava, but for having just the right mixture I would like a food-scientist to at least step up to the plate.  I noted the marketing is different than your usual "relax" marketing.

Nihilist

Kava Enthusiast
I've wanted to try it since I heard about it. No idea where to get it though. If I owned a store I'd order bulk from Vanuatu Store haha.

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
I bought a can at Fua'amotu Airport and drank it on the plane. I can't say I noticed any impacts from it at all.

kl.Kava Cola

Kava Curious
vorticity said:
I bought a can at Fua'amotu Airport and drank it on the plane. I can't say I noticed any impacts from it at all.

Lava Cola - Vanuatu Kava Cola has never come in a can, which brand of Kava Cola was this?

Andrew Procyk

Noble Kava
Kava Vendor
Neither has it been distributed to Tonga.  There is a "Bula" drink that comes in a can, which I understand is produced by Tongans out of Salt Lake City, which might have international distribution.  Otherwise, perhaps there is a local Tongan brand of canned kava soda?  I know that was an old post, but it would be interesting to find out.

kl.Kava Cola

Kava Curious
Prince Philip said:
Has anyone had a chance to try? I know anyone can mix caffeine and sugar with kava, but for having just the right mixture I would like a food-scientist to at least step up to the plate. I noted the marketing is different than your usual "relax" marketing.
I'll try and get some people to leave reviews, there are at least 5 people in England who have bought it and I know personally in Ireland its been sampled by well over 20 people. It was developed using a food scientist but no one I have sold it to or given it to is a food scientist unfortunately.

I keep messing up this post...hate laptops !
I drink it regularly when im in vanuatu ($2 bottle) Its my 'morning kava' Its no shell thats for sure however if you had a few in a row you would feel it. It tastes a bit diff to when i was here last time, a bit nicer but all in all its a little too sweet for me. There also seems to be a little less sediment in the bottom that needs to be mixed in also. I get enough sugar so i dont like adding to that too much. All in all its nice & really the best way i can describe it is a generic type cola with a strong earthy taste.