What's new

Kava Beverage Review Kava Concentrate

RevRad

Kava Curious
cpReview
{"Grade":9,"Potency":7,"Mind":10,"Body":7,"Anxiety":9,"Sedative":5,"Taste":"8","Preparation":"Mix 1 oz with ~6oz of water, per the instructions.","Duration":"30 minutes","SideEffects":"none","Headline":"Impressive product, very decent."}
I bought the KWK Guava concentrate with my latest purchase of medium grind root because I've always wanted to try it but never felt like buying it just on its own, so adding a bottle to the order of house blend root worked out well for me.

The flavor is nice, though you can definitely still pick out kava so it's not like it tastes like straight up fruit juice, but it's much, much more tolerable than drinking a large amount of traditional kava for sure. If I had to describe it I'd say it's kind of like a quite sweet fruit juice blend with a kava undertone that's maybe 2.5/10 in intensity (10 being like strong traditional kava of a particularly intense flavor, 0 being water).

I don't know what people are talking about when I read so many reviews saying it's kind of week or doesn't provide much of an effect. One serving of this is about the same as a small serving of medium potency, traditionally prepped kava from medium grind root in duration/intensity of effects for me. It's not as sedative but other than that it's fairly similar. I feel like the price is good, too, kava is not a cheap thing no matter which way you cut it. Comparing it to other psychoactive substances, for the most part, it's more per dose. But I figure this is about in line with a medium to low priced medium grind root per dose.

Good overall, I haven't tried taking more than one dose at a time (as in I only drank more once I was definitely coming down) since some people report that taking more doesn't help. I would consider switching over entirely to this concentrate in the future honestly. Some days the taste of traditionally prepped kava combined with having to drink a lot of liquid on an empty stomach overwhelms me.

Side note, a lot of people say this contains alcohol, the bottle I got does not. I'm guessing the recipe must have changed. It's not on the label and I definitely don't smell or taste any alcohol.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Side note, a lot of people say this contains alcohol, the bottle I got does not. I'm guessing the recipe must have changed. It's not on the label and I definitely don't smell or taste any alcohol.
Correct. Ethanol for was removed from the formula :)