What's new

Kava delivery time from New Zealand

Enwoueï

Kava Curious
I am curious to hear from North Americans, and Canadians in particular, who purchased Kava from New Zealand since the COVID-19 pandemic started.
How long did it take for your Kava to be delivered to you?
Thanks in advance,
E.

Last edited:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I am curious to hear from North Americans, and Canadians specifically, who purchased Kava from New Zealand since the COVID-19 pandemic started.
How long did it take for your Kava to be delivered to you?
Thanks in advance,
E.
I live in Ny and ordered some 2.5 weeks ago, I expected at least 2 weeks. It shows as being in transit to the states for the last 3 days.

Enwoueï

Kava Curious
Thanks. I ordered mine on June 3 and NZ Post shows it 'In transit with airline' since June 16.
I am guessing our respective Kavas left NZ on the same flight.

hightides42

our Roots run deep
Being in US i can't really say my experience has any merit or bearing on how things are with Canada or are now with usps, versus two months ago but will say my order for a kilo of Borogoru placed 10 April (shipped 14 April, was Easter weekend) still has not arrived. Henry has been helpful and responsive during and NZ Post has no visibility on tracking packages once they arrive US port of entry when usps is 'supposed to' take over tracking as one would expect.

One issue I noted was NZ Post stating imports arrival Chicago, IL and usps saying Los Angeles, CA, both showing same date/time of arrival as 4 May. So that, imo, is broke from the get go. Next is who to contact over missing mail, usps clearly states for international shipping "per the Universal Postal Union (UPU), If your inquiry pertains to an article that was mailed to a US address from and address outside the US, please contact the Foreign Postal Administration of the country where the article was sent from, who will then contact the USPS" I spent over an hour navigating the very frustrating IVRS thing USPS has in place only to end at the same wall it shows when trying to submit missing mail claim on USPS website. Going to local post office I was informed they have no better visibility than what shows on tracking site and could not tell me why NZ Post states Chicago versus USPS stating Los Angeles. Around 20 May Henry contacted NZ Post and a week later, on 27 May, they responded ..."the item is currently going through import at the overseas destination. The receiver can refer to USPS for further assistance regarding their item as they are the carrier of the parcel"

I did finally find a way to submit inquiry about the package mailed to me, by making account at usps and ignoring the restriction against receiver submit (vs sender submit) and on 30 May initiated the search using their very restrictive categories, which still shows the same "Accepted" (and looking for it) status.

Being now over 9 weeks since order placed and 6 weeks since arrival US I have given up hope on ever receiving this package and have shared with Henry my fixed income inability to absorb the cost ($248NZD/160USD) and he has committed to replacing order once determined it is lost or returned to them.

I am still unsure when it will determined to be lost though, all bets seem to be off with covid19 crisis (and past near three weeks of protest movements across the US?). The experience has led us to purchase over a dozen types from 5 other vendors in the interim, will return to purchase TKS(NZ) once I believe international arrivals customs (US) and usps have worked off the backlog and are committed to lower delays to near pre-covid days...

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Well I am in UK. Before the recent pandamonium, it was typically 6-7 days consistently.

During lockdown, one of my orders did not leave New Zealand for 2 whole weeks.

I expect it will start speeding up again shortly.

Last edited:

Enwoueï

Kava Curious
One issue I noted was NZ Post stating imports arrival Chicago, IL and usps saying Los Angeles, CA, both showing same date/time of arrival as 4 May. So that, imo, is broke from the get go.
Something that I experienced a few times with USPS is parcels bouncing repeatedly between two locations. If I remember correctly, that was usually due to damage to the parcel's barcode. I wish you a happy resolution to your predicament soon.

19/6/2020 14:20
International arrival
Los Angeles, United States
Latest update, I expect to get it mid next week, probably.
Great!
I am happy for you and, hopefully, Kapmcrunk too.
No such good news at my end yet.
Thanks for everyone's input!

Last edited:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I finally got my kava yesterday, only took a month. It is the most distinct Vanu kava I've ever had. It's very heady but yesterday I drank a bunch and passed out for almost 10 hours straight, go figure.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Oh cool, glad it's reached you..hopefully we ll soon go back to 5 working days delivery target. Though it seems the Covid drama is only getting worse in America, so not too sure

Last edited by a moderator:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Oh cool, glad it's reached you..hopefully we ll soon go back to 5 working days delivery target. Though it seems the Covid drama is only getting worse in America, so not too sure
Yes, I wish it didn't take so long to get here, I would love to try something more balanced.

hightides42

our Roots run deep
pleased to report usps finally delivered my 10 April order on 10 July and what a mess it was as shown on tracking history which finally updated again beginning 22 June where it went from Michigan, to Denver, to Chicago, to Des Moines, back to Denver, then to San Francisco, to another spot in SF, then back to Denver distribution center, to local P.O. to house.

Good kava though, Borogoru, and other than the wait we are very pleased with the product. ::KavaChug::

krunkgod

Kava Enthusiast
Mine arrived in San Francisco on the 28th and hasn't updated since. Hope I get it soon. USPS can suck a fat one.

Arrived on 9/8.

Last edited:
My most recent order took only 8 days. One day to leave NZ, four days to make it to San Francisco, two days in customs, then one day to my location. I did find that all my bags had been opened by the CBP inspectors. I don't know what they were looking for, but it didn't appear that they sampled a significant quantity, at least...

Piperm

Kava Curious
Mine arrived very fast as if it was shipped within Canada. New Zealand to Omemee, Canada in 4 days with TNT. I would highly recommend it. Hope you get your parcels soon!

Great kava, just prepared some Kelai now!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Right on! Thanks everyone for chiming in here to let us know. Looks like things are getting back to normal.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
It took my package 9 days from the shipping until it reached Sweden, Europe. But then the local postal service is having delays with incoming packages from outside Europe at the moment. So still waiting for them to process it and deliver it to me.

krunkgod

Kava Enthusiast
My most recent order took only 8 days. One day to leave NZ, four days to make it to San Francisco, two days in customs, then one day to my location. I did find that all my bags had been opened by the CBP inspectors. I don't know what they were looking for, but it didn't appear that they sampled a significant quantity, at least...
Weird I thought for sure mine would be but they didn't even open them.