What's new

Kava Depot

Kava o'puss

Kava Curious
After seeing Kava Depot mentioned on this forum ( Edward UK, I think), I went all in and stocked up with 3 kilos: Solomon Island Gold, 100% lateral root-Vanuatu, and PNG Isa 100% lateral root Madang. I'm surprised I had not heard of them before.

1. Solomon Islands Gold:

This was pleasant, balanced and potent. The kava is vacuum sealed in non-reusable bags, like large Kava Time bags. The grind was pretty perfect, on the finer side, but not too fine. It had those "kava rock" looking clumps after I broke up it up. You know how the root clumps together is a little ball ? I always found this to be a sign of a good grind. This one is a 70% basal stump / 30% lateral root blend. It had a nice...goldish color to it. The site has COA's and this one shows a chemotype of 243561 at about 11.5% kavalactones.

I used tradition prep with a kavafied strainer bag; 1 cup of kava to a 1/2 gallon of water. I used warm water, a splash of almond milk and about 2 teaspoons of lecithin granules ( I almost never use lecithin, but it made the kava "frothier" when I was squeezing, but did not really make it too thick).

Effects had a nice balance of heady/heavy. Got a pleasant kavian kick, but not too much and not overstimulating. Felt loose in the body, relaxed, kiinda euphoric, kinda krunk, and slept great. It does have good potency. At the end of the night, I had a shell left and thought, "Don't need that one." I guess it was kinda similar to Lapita (which I like)- but had more of a kick.

The taste was not bad; taste reflected the stump/lateral root blend- some bite, but nothing that will make you cringe.

Smallest size was a kilo, but for $117, I think it was worth it. Shipping was fast. I received the order in a few days. They did not provide a tracking number (although the package had one) and I think they charged more for shipping than the actual postage cost.

I think it's worth a kilo purchase for a kinda unique, pleasant, strong kava though.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
After seeing Kava Depot mentioned on this forum ( Edward UK, I think), I went all in and stocked up with 3 kilos: Solomon Island Gold, 100% lateral root-Vanuatu, and PNG Isa 100% lateral root Madang. I'm surprised I had not heard of them before.

1. Solomon Islands Gold:

This was pleasant, balanced and potent. The kava is vacuum sealed in non-reusable bags, like large Kava Time bags. The grind was pretty perfect, on the finer side, but not too fine. It had those "kava rock" looking clumps after I broke up it up. You know how the root clumps together is a little ball ? I always found this to be a sign of a good grind. This one is a 70% basal stump / 30% lateral root blend. It had a nice...goldish color to it. The site has COA's and this one shows a chemotype of 243561 at about 11.5% kavalactones.

I used tradition prep with a kavafied strainer bag; 1 cup of kava to a 1/2 gallon of water. I used warm water, a splash of almond milk and about 2 teaspoons of lecithin granules ( I almost never use lecithin, but it made the kava "frothier" when I was squeezing, but did not really make it too thick).

Effects had a nice balance of heady/heavy. Got a pleasant kavian kick, but not too much and not overstimulating. Felt loose in the body, relaxed, kiinda euphoric, kinda krunk, and slept great. It does have good potency. At the end of the night, I had a shell left and thought, "Don't need that one." I guess it was kinda similar to Lapita (which I like)- but had more of a kick.

The taste was not bad; taste reflected the stump/lateral root blend- some bite, but nothing that will make you cringe.

Smallest size was a kilo, but for $117, I think it was worth it. Shipping was fast. I received the order in a few days. They did not provide a tracking number (although the package had one) and I think they charged more for shipping than the actual postage cost.

I think it's worth a kilo purchase for a kinda unique, pleasant, strong kava though.
Yep, I recommend them to everyone. Good kava at good prices and the boss is the nicest guy you will ever meet. I've been to their facility in Palm Bay, FL and it's super clean and professional with a full lab setup. Highly recommended vendor.