What's new

Kava Dermopathy

Piper Methysticum

Let Kava Take The Wheel
Again, I don't knead or wring kava in the traditional way, just to be extra clear. I use a blender with lecithin and then strain with a nylon stocking, then squeeze the stocking once to get all the liquid out.

Thanks though, that is quite the creative method!
The blender method definitely works well I've used it many times with success. Best of luck with the skin issues I learned firsthand it can take weeks to clear up. And it might be bacteria that is making a bad situation worse. I started treating mine with homemade anti-bacterial lotion using a skin moisturizer & turmeric spice- seemed to kill off the bacteria on the wound pretty well only draw back is that it leaves an orange stain on the skin for quite a while. I also take a daily vitamin/mineral supplement, drink berry smoothies, orange and lemon smoothies for the bioflavonoids- I think all those antioxidants and what have you are great for skin health.

On a sidenote I'm not sure now if I will ever go back to the traditional prep after having success using the rolling pin- might be either that or blender. But with blender prep the oil has to be forced out of the root by an impact from the blade; sort of like hitting a baseball with a baseball bat- there's nothing on the other side of the blade to "sandwich" the root and force the lactones out it's just brute force impact. The rolling pin works in conjunction with the hard table/counter top to sandwich the oil out of the root. In theory having the root caught between 2 hard places might be a more effective extraction method than hitting it from one side like a blender blade does.

Now that I think of it examining the different kava prep methods might be a great topic.

infraredz

BULA!
The blender method definitely works well I've used it many times with success. Best of luck with the skin issues I learned firsthand it can take weeks to clear up. And it might be bacteria that is making a bad situation worse. I started treating mine with homemade anti-bacterial lotion using a skin moisturizer & turmeric spice- seemed to kill off the bacteria on the wound pretty well only draw back is that it leaves an orange stain on the skin for quite a while. I also take a daily vitamin/mineral supplement, drink berry smoothies, orange and lemon smoothies for the bioflavonoids- I think all those antioxidants and what have you are great for skin health.

On a sidenote I'm not sure now if I will ever go back to the traditional prep after having success using the rolling pin- might be either that or blender. But with blender prep the oil has to be forced out of the root by an impact from the blade; sort of like hitting a baseball with a baseball bat- there's nothing on the other side of the blade to "sandwich" the root and force the lactones out it's just brute force impact. The rolling pin works in conjunction with the hard table/counter top to sandwich the oil out of the root. In theory having the root caught between 2 hard places might be a more effective extraction method than hitting it from one side like a blender blade does.

Now that I think of it examining the different kava prep methods might be a great topic.
The blender method most likely isn't as potent, although I'd like to see GC/MS of Kava prepared by different methods. That'd be cool! Your method is most likely one of the best efficiency wise.

I don't have any sort of sores, just the dry Ichthyosis. I'm taking a multivitamin and taking a substantial course of Benadryl (50mg q 4hr).

In addition to that, I'm conducting my own little trial with several sharpied circles on my abdomen with different treatments in each one, with photos taken at certain intervals. I'll be posting those on the dermopathy wiki page I just created after a couple days.

infraredz

BULA!
I'm hoping it will. Right now I'm trying 1. Vitamin E, 2. an AHA (Lactic) and 3. a BHA (Salicylic acid). I've already got good results from the latter two, but want to have a longer trial, rather than just 8 hrs.