What's new

Kava...desktop wallpaper?

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Hello forums...again...after another long period of MIA.

So I was installing Linux on an old laptop (the one I'm posting this from right now) and lately I've stuck to the tradition of using pictures of desserts as desktop wallpaper. So I thought to myself... "hmm...maybe some people on the Kava Forum have some sweet kava wallpapers slapped onto their desktops." I think by far the coolest looking wallpapers that have come with any linux distribution that I've tried were from Endeavor OS. But lets face it...we humans like to customize things just a tiny bit more sometimes.

So does anyone out there have a favorite Kava themed desktop wallpaper they're enjoying on their machine?

It's been awhile since i checked in. So I figured this would be a good topic to ease back into the forums. Now that I have this linux workstation laptop up and running I have a machine that I can leave logged in on the kava forum and pop in a lot more often when I boot it up.

PS- Yet again, I come back and I see a ton of new vendors and names floating around. Nice to see things are still going strong. (y)

Attachments

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Ohhh, hey man! Good to see you around these parts.

Strangely enough I don't think I've ever had a kava background on my PCs. Shame shame.

Here's an interesting one that Mr. Louze of South Seas Kava in Vanuatu sent me a few days ago.

signal-2022-09-11-124606_002.jpeg

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
I tried to put together a little wallpaper pack. Surprisingly hard to find enough nice HD dessert pictures that are in exactly 2560x1440.

I remember the pics that were posted way back in the day of Kava root cross sections when sliced. Stuff like that would be pretty interesting in a wallpaper pack.

Yup, yup. Should be around more consistently. *whisper* right on the linux workstation bookmark bar* ::awesomesmiles::

1663013305187.png

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
I'll take some photos this week. We need original content (OC) so that we aren't running into copyright claims. If we take our own photos of coconut shells we own, dry kava root powder, kava spoons and strainer cloths, brewed shells, it could make a decent kava wallpaper and be completely "royalty free" or all-purposes allowed! I am ready for one, myself.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Do you know of any colors which showcase brown in a photograph? I struggle with taking photos that have a single-color subject. Are there any other colors (such as banana peel, apple peel, orange peel, eggplant, blueberry, cauliflower, and green beans) that would provide adequate contrast and not detract too much from a brown-colored subject?

idea: fall leaf colors are here!

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
I'll take some photos this week. We need original content (OC) so that we aren't running into copyright claims. If we take our own photos of coconut shells we own, dry kava root powder, kava spoons and strainer cloths, brewed shells, it could make a decent kava wallpaper and be completely "royalty free" or all-purposes allowed! I am ready for one, myself.
I think I posted this to these Forums a few years ago.
Look close at the pattern and it is captivating.
I think this was Nene but if anyone finds the original post
you'd likely find the name. I took the photo and grew the
plant. If you like the pattern you are free to use it in this
wallpaper idea.

1664303945801.jpeg

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
In Brazil, our traditional beverage is sugar cane pressed and the juice collected, I wonder if it would work for kava...

We have street vendors, with portable gas powered pressing machines, I don't know what they are called but they squeeze the cane fresh, in front of you.

Something like this;

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
I remember way back in the day when I first say pictures of those giant Tano bowls. HD pictures of those at various angles would make pretty sweet wallpapers.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Here is a variety of photos I took this past week. If they are in portrait mode, they are more suited towards being a mobile backdrop. They are not featuring kava as a subject, however on this hike I was drinking a jar of kava which I had prepared. The lake water is cold, ready to begin freezing in one month. The hole is turtle eggs, turtles bury eggs deep before hibernating in pond-mud. However, coydogs sniff the eggs out and eat them. Enjoy the photos! Use them for all purposes. If this is, or is not, what you were looking for, let me know. I have a better camera it just is not as convenient to load photos to the internet from a DSLR for me as it is from a phone.

Attachments