What's new

Kava detoxification /

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
i’m almost certain the following days after consuming kava theres a distinct increase in body odor when sweating. I know this because I rarely have odor even when i dont use deodorant. Anyone else notice this? Could it be the kava detoxing the system?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
i’m almost certain the following days after consuming kava theres a distinct increase in body odor when sweating. I know this because I rarely have odor even when i dont use deodorant. Anyone else notice this? Could it be the kava detoxing the system?
Just a thought, but do you think dehydration could be playing a roll there? I don't fully understand the mechanics of sweating and hydration, but it would make sense that if you were dehydrated, that the sweat you produce would be more concentrated. More research is definitely needed.

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
I will look into it and get back. I definitely stay pretty hydrated

Mo'iety

Kava Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure urine is the main elimination pathway for kavalactones and their metabolites, but I suppose it's possible some could be excreted in sweat, which could contribute to odor. But I personally haven't noticed any differences in B.O. from kava.

Waniciala

Usually sticking to detox you shouldn't have such reactions of the body. Possibly it`s not your product.

Waniciala

Try more gentle food, from my experience I can advise lemon water, you can drink it hot or cold. Water is a key component of any detox diet, and it's a great way to drink more of it. In addition to the health effects of lemon water, the enzymes stimulate the liver and help in eliminating waste and toxins from the body. The drink also suppresses your appetite, so you less likely want to eat during a detox or regular diet. I like to mix this water with ginger and honey, it tastes even better than ordinary tea.

E

edsaqwer

It would be interesting to know what deodorants you use in this case?

casderasd

Our unpleasant body odor comes from bacteria accumulating on our hair, which mixes with the products our bodies excrete. You were right when you said that our body odor changes with cleansing.

L

laurajohnson

That’s pretty interesting to a newcomer to the Kava movement. I have been thinking about detoxing my body for quite some time, and it would be extremely cool if Kava could do that. I’m surprised this plant has not only a sedative effect but can cleanse the body, too.
Also, I wonder whether Kava is seen on any tests intended to detect CBD. I have to do such tests for my work occasionally. The last time I had to take detox pills for ten days and drink a ton of water to detox my body because I was using them back then. Thanks to the advice from https://www.deccanherald.com/brands...stem-fast-best-thc-detox-methods-1160151.html, I managed to pass the test. So, I wonder whether I will need detox now, too. I don’t use CBD anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valyn

Kava Curious
It could be possible. I was on a heavy kava binge for about two or three months and people around my family suddenly made remarks about my body odor. I never bought deodorant before so they had to buy it for me and insist I use it. But will this keep from enjoying kava? Of course not.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I would wager that ther skind drying effect of kava could have some impact on your skin bacteria. I find I get styes and other little skin problems around my eye that are likely related to vulnerabilities to the skin caused by kava.