What's new

Kava During Dermo

High-King Havnar

Kava Curious
Not sure if anyone read my thread on new members and a comment I posted on @IloveKava23 thread on medical. But really stressed right now with this pandemic, plus Im recieving pinpointed radiosurgery, 5 day treatment; Two more days; on a small tumor in my right lung. But after I got dry flakey dermo on my hands, and using sanitizer for a few days caused cracking to occur. Been breaking waiting to heal, but really stressed. Anyone think a shell of 2-3 tbs would make matters worse? Continuing to treat with some Vitamin E coconut oil, Udderly Cream, and Vasoline to cover the cracks. Been about a week since my last shell session, but it was a decent bit more than 2-3 tbs over a couple days, then breaking for a bit, would love a relaxing shell right about now, specially considering Id rather be in Iso in my litlle town with only one confirmed case in the county than traveling to Cinci where there is a much larger outbreak in the area. Also the products Im using and stopping any use of sanitizer or lotions with alcohol, has smoothed things out a bit, but cracks still healing.

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
Id wait it out. But i have seen people push through it and continue daily usage. May i ask how long u were drinking and how often before u got dermo. Im always curious as some ppl deal with it and others never get it. In the meantime add some coconut oil to your diet. As well as be mindful of processed foods. I believe stress can also play a role and of course alcahol based sanitizers will make it worse (though necessary given the virus). I wish u luck with your dilemma and that ur skin heals up. I have heard of skin actually coming back super smooth like a baby if u let it heal right. Going foward when possible have pedialyte after ur heavy sessions. This will endure u stay up on ur zinc levels. This in my experience has something to do with both the short term nutrient loss kava brings on and possibly dermo. Once i began drinking pedialyte many of the side effects lessend. Im still studying further into this matter. Dermo is a strange thing and i wish there was a sure fire way to avoid it. Luckily ur drinking good noble it sounds like wish should decrease its intensity somewhat. Most importantly wear nitrile gloves or vinyl!! When doing traditional prep. If its really bad skin dryness wear 2 gloves over one anotjer for extra protection

High-King Havnar

Kava Curious
Funny I've only experienced it with the Vanuatu, twice now it has happened after two days of heavy sessions, I've used all KWK micronized no problem even without straining. First it happened with RoH Limited Edition Vanuatu, and that after no problems with a bag of regular RoH Vanuatu, then this unknown Vanuatu Kava, I bought it from an herbalist alternative before store near me, he has a source straight from Vanuatu. All of them were very heady. also have experience from what I believe to have been a tudei don't remember brand but it was an very heady and heavy, but I was intoxicated for two days. Didn't like that experience much but even with that didn't get dermo. My theory is the higher kavalactone amount. I'm not a daily Kava drinker, it's kind of a luxury for me sometimes haha, I may get one 8oz bag a month, if I'm lucky. With the micronized even with 3-4 tbs unstained I didn't have a problem. If I'm not mistaken RoH Limited edition come from older root right? If so would have higher kavalactone content from what I gather. I had no problem with heavy sessions with the regular type Vanuatu either.

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
Just get virgin coconut oil from the store. Save your money - any organic will due and be safe. Tablespoon in morning and night. Anyways good for heart health as well as skin- comes in a jar. Should work and isnt more than 5 bucks for A jar