What's new

I love Kava Kava during the work day

fueledbykava

Kava enthusiast
Does anyone else (particularly those who work from home) find themselves reaching for kava during the work day to help manage stress/anxiety? I've been finding it very helpful in dealing with days where I am stacked with meetings and tasks. I've found that the gentle relaxation and that feeling of just being able to take a deep breathe is super helpful on those rough days.

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
Does anyone else (particularly those who work from home) find themselves reaching for kava during the work day to help manage stress/anxiety? I've been finding it very helpful in dealing with days where I am stacked with meetings and tasks. I've found that the gentle relaxation and that feeling of just being able to take a deep breathe is super helpful on those rough days.
Drinking Kava during the work day is actually more common than you think! Especially with Polynesians!

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Not usually. My routine is typically end of the work day, but the right kava at the right time during the day can be very helpfull. The wrong kava at the wrong time can either interfere with my morning coffee (I am sensitive to caffeine and kava with caffeine can sometimes make me too wired) or a heavy kava in the afternoon say after lunch can be putting me to sleep. It will take some trial and error. I do find an occasional "light" heady kava in the after noon can power me through the rest of my day.

fueledbykava

Kava enthusiast
Drinking Kava during the work day is actually more common than you think! Especially with Polynesians!
Interesting! Did not know that. :)

Not usually. My routine is typically end of the work day, but the right kava at the right time during the day can be very helpfull. The wrong kava at the wrong time can either interfere with my morning coffee (I am sensitive to caffeine and kava with caffeine can sometimes make me too wired) or a heavy kava in the afternoon say after lunch can be putting me to sleep. It will take some trial and error. I do find an occasional "light" heady kava in the after noon can power me through the rest of my day.
Totally understand where you're coming from, especially the research that was posted in the in-depth section about how kava also inhibits caffeine metabolism, like alcohol. Definitely would corroborate my extra sensitivity to caffeine lately as well.

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
Well, i don't work from home but i used to try to supplement with just a pinch of micro before work but it made me nervous about having consumed kava while at work and this made it hard to walk completely straight and even gave me little mini panic attacks. I was worried someone would notice me acting weird. So, i stopped doing that and these days i just drink kava late the night before i work and it keeps my nerves calm all morning long. Then i make some kava when i'm done with work. This works much better for me personally.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
I take it before work when I really feel blah. It makes me feel better for an hour and then I feel worse than before. For me it's just better at nights, but I know that I will still reach for it on those SOS days for that moment of calm. I'm trying to incorporate a more consistent meditation practice to not rely on this as much during emergencies though and keep kava for recreation.

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
Work is done =kava. For me personally, i wait all week for those nights where i can unplug. Im sure it has its uses but for me its about disconnecting from jobs, internet, and stressors of life

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I've been working from home and I like to have a mug in the morning not too long after my cup of coffee, lke an hour later. I only drink one wash so that I can stay productive. Many times I enjoy a morning session more than a night session where I am drinking to really relax and pass out.

Sometimes I stick to coffee and other days like Friday's I may lean into the kava for a nicer morning session. I don't do it every morning but often.