What's new

Kava effect GABAa or GABAb, particularly?

EmeraldKava3690

Kava Curious
Hey guys. Been enjoying a Phenibut day today. Haven't had Kava in what seems like months [maybe 2 to be exact] and got some Tonga from Kavafied coming in tomorrow with their Aluball shaker - god willing, so excited!

My questions is, since Phenibut affects GABAb particularly, does anyone know if Kava has an affinity for GABAa, GABAb, or just GABA in general? Not planning on mixing them together on same day as I think it may produce nauseating affects, but just interested to know if anyone really knows if there is a differentiation between them? Did a quick search on the internet and no viable answer was shown.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Kava, in that case, could be not only valuable but essential for some in such cases when time comes to face the music.
This may seem like a good idea, however kava won't stop the withdrawals of any gabaergicly active substance. If it's dangerous to stop, kava doesn't take its place, and it remains dangerous. It may help with some of the post acute withdrawals, but when it comes to the main withdrawals of benzos, phenibut, or alcohol all bets are off.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hey guys. Been enjoying a Phenibut day today. Haven't had Kava in what seems like months [maybe 2 to be exact] and got some Tonga from Kavafied coming in tomorrow with their Aluball shaker - god willing, so excited!

My questions is, since Phenibut affects GABAb particularly, does anyone know if Kava has an affinity for GABAa, GABAb, or just GABA in general? Not planning on mixing them together on same day as I think it may produce nauseating affects, but just interested to know if anyone really knows if there is a differentiation between them? Did a quick search on the internet and no viable answer was shown.
This thread may give you some insight

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
This thread may give you some insight

Kap’m is absolutely right. At best it can get your mind off thinfs temporarily. It also shows promise as something that will intuitively tell you its time to “quit” whatever the vice may be. But in terms of withdrawal it will do little. And i can tell you the rapid tolerance of phenibute at high doses is unlike any other gaba. Everyone is free to do what they please. But i’d be extremely cautious and if possible going foward not mention those types of things on the fourms. Kava already has been intertwined with various forms of legal highs. I do understand you were just taking into account possible interactions... but i believe its best to try to avoid talking about it here

Last edited:

EmeraldKava3690

Kava Curious
Due to my research I only take the substance now and then, no more than 1x-2x a week at most and no more than 2g in a session. Also, always split it at least 3-4 days a part, if not more. Also, have not even been taking it for more than 3-4 weeks, and plan to now take a long tolerance break - so it was less about trying to deal with withdrawals and more just general interest in the substances similarities in neuronal working and how they compare. Also, how can we learn from each other if we cannot post about these things and be honest. All substances are different but deserve to be talked about honestly!

I definitely have been treading carefully because I can tell that abuse of it can definitely cause some withdrawals, and did research. Haven't noticed any change in tolerance since I do take it irregularly, but going to take some extended time off now anyway. So the Kava is more about going back to nature and enjoying time with an old friend than trying to deal with severe physical withdrawals.

Also, thank you for the link. Will review it in more depth. Seems to me that Kava just allows your system to be more sensitive and apt to respond to the body's natural GABA sources.

PS - Now you guys have me overanalyzing my Phenibut usage loll. I was aware of it before but now I am checking dates. So my package first came in and I took it 09/10/2020 for the first time at a low dose, only slowly built up over time, and like I said, no more than 1x-2x a week as I read that was acceptable, spaced between 3-4 days. It is only the 29th now so it has been about 2.5 weeks of intermittent usage - so I have been careful but going to now take extended time off to ensure my body can reset. I like Phenibut but I do find the chemical to iffy in some ways.

Last edited:

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
Due to my research I only take the substance now and then, no more than 1x-2x a week at most and no more than 2g in a session. Also, always split it at least 3-4 days a part, if not more. Also, have not even been taking it for more than 3-4 weeks, and plan to now take a long tolerance break - so it was less about trying to deal with withdrawals and more just general interest in the substances similarities in neuronal working and how they compare. Also, how can we learn from each other if we cannot post about these things and be honest. All substances are different but deserve to be talked about honestly!

I definitely have been treading carefully because I can tell that abuse of it can definitely cause some withdrawals, and did research. Haven't noticed any change in tolerance since I do take it irregularly, but going to take some extended time off now anyway. So the Kava is more about going back to nature and enjoying time with an old friend than trying to deal with severe physical withdrawals.

Also, thank you for the link. Will review it in more depth. Seems to me that Kava just allows your system to be more sensitive and apt to respond to the body's natural GABA sources.

PS - Now you guys have me overanalyzing my Phenibut usage loll. I was aware of it before but now I am checking dates. So my package first came in and I took it 09/10/2020 for the first time at a low dose, only slowly built up over time, and like I said, no more than 1x-2x a week as I read that was acceptable, spaced between 3-4 days. It is only the 29th now so it has been about 2.5 weeks of intermittent usage - so I have been careful but going to now take extended time off to ensure my body can reset. I like Phenibut but I do find the chemical to iffy in some ways.
Youre good man. Just from personal experience tread lightly. You seem to be playing it smart. Didnt mean to sound critical i just know the downsides of that stuff.

DaManTheyCallB

Kava Curious

Normal rule of thumb is no more then twice a week and no more then 3 gram total a week. That substanance is almost feels to good to be true which it certainly is due to rapid tolerance.