What's new

kava effects

readyman

Kava Enthusiast
Hi fellow Kavaonians not sure if that is a word but you get it I wanted to know about papa new guinea thats all I have for now I know the kavasseur said its super strong so if you took less would you still get a good kava feeling but not get knocked out pretty much I drink kava in the day in the morning to get going continue on lightly until about 1oclock and then I am done til tomarow then at night I will usually drink some sort of relaxer like sleepy time tea or sippin syrup drink or half baked brownie or just ice water its all GOOD Everyone have a GREAT DAY

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Has anyone tried the papa new guinea from roh
Hello. I see you're not getting any responses here. PNG kavas tend to run a bit into the less noble category, hence the strong sedation and long effects. You usually won't see too many people choosing them when they drink kava daily. It tends to bring on the side effects faster such as lethargy and dry skin.

Kava o'puss

Kava Curious
Have had a few pounds of Root of Happiness PNG and a kilo of Kava Depot's PNG; neither were noble. They were similar, but I preferred the ROH. The PNG had a yellowish color, tasted very piney and had a delayed onset (compared to noble). It is pretty potent, but would not say it's stronger than every noble kava I have had, but it's up there. After 20 minutes, I get that (delayed) kava rush, but it's not as heady. It's more of a subdued rush,if that makes sense. It produced pretty pronounced mind and body relaxation- definitely a heavy kava. It is pretty enjoyable. I had no ill-effects -except just one night I did not go to sleep early enough and felt pretty run down at work the next day. Not as bad as an alcohol hangover,though. When I got enough sleep, I felt no next day effects.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
This was a post of mine from Dec. 2018. It is a 100% a tudei and labeled as such. Wasn't my cup of tea...errr kava. FYI, I don't find tudei kava worse or stronger than noble in general....just not kava that I tend to like to drink. That said I have only had a couple - but they were always a waste of money in my mind.

"I found the RoH PNG to a real creeper. It came on very slowly versus a noble kava so take it slow and give more time between shells then you would a noble. It tends to lack that pleasant kavain rush that you get with nobles, and most people are looking for. Effects were a very stoney feel, but not unpleasant. Taste was piney but not god awful. I had some stomach issues the next day after the first time I took it, but nothing after that on future shells - so it may or may not have been related to the kava. It did however kick my normal low grade dermo (i.e. general dry hands, eyes, and torso) into full blown dermo (shedding skin like a snowstorm)after just one night of 4-6TBS.
After a few nights of just this kava I finished the remaining 1/2 lb by mixing a bit in with my noble kavas. "

Kava o'puss

Kava Curious
After I posted, I noticed your kava drinking schedule. Just FYI, I almost never drink kava early in the day, but I would definitely not drink that one early in the day; it's pretty sedating. I enjoyed it on it's own in the evening, but as Zaphod posted above, I have also mixed it 50/50 with a headier waka and found the mix to be pleasant. I would not, however, recommend drinking the PNG in the morning, alone or mixed, unless you are looking to spend the day relaxing on the couch.

Last edited: