What's new

Kava Estonia - new Kava vendor shipping to Estonia, Finland & Sweden

Precipitated

Kava Curious

Seems to be a new vendor, just launched this month. As I've seen several Swedes having their cava seized by customs, thought I'd post it here. Might be worth to try. They are currently carrying SavuSavu and some type of the Vanauatu variety. Though the prices are quite hefty.

The website is only in Estonian though, so Google translate might help.

Just to mention, that I have no experience with them and unlikely that I'll order any at these prices.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor

Seems to be a new vendor, just launched this month. As I've seen several Swedes having their cava seized by customs, thought I'd post it here. Might be worth to try. They are currently carrying SavuSavu and some type of the Vanauatu variety. Though the prices are quite hefty.

The website is only in Estonian though, so Google translate might help.

Just to mention, that I have no experience with them and unlikely that I'll order any at these prices.
I also sent a friendly message regarding their claims about the only premium kava available in Europe. I have stronger kavas at a cheaper price for shipment to Sweden, Finland and Estonia and I have customers in all of those countries.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing this!
I'm a bit curious about the kava getting sized in Sweden tho, because I have not heard anything about it. Customs have opened my packages multiple times and they have always let it pass to me. Because it's not illegal to get kava sent to Sweden. It's only illegal to sell kava in Sweden.

Precipitated

Kava Curious
Thanks for sharing this!
I'm a bit curious about the kava getting sized in Sweden tho, because I have not heard anything about it. Customs have opened my packages multiple times and they have always let it pass to me. Because it's not illegal to get kava sent to Sweden. It's only illegal to sell kava in Sweden.
I was quite sure that I read some posts about Swedish customs seizing Kava, but I probably just mixed the countries up in my mind.

That's what you get, when you post right after waking up before having any caffeine. :)

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
I was quite sure that I read some posts about Swedish customs seizing Kava, but I probably just mixed the countries up in my mind.

That's what you get, when you post right after waking up before having any caffeine. :)
Lately I've seen some posts about German custom seizing kava, because they have laws against getting kava sent into Germany. Most other European countries got more vague laws regarding kava. In Sweden the laws state that kava "can be seen as a medicinal product", but there are no definition of when kava is a medicine or not. If the kava product is seen as a medicinal product the custom will sieze it. Apparently traditional kava, micronized or concentrates not seen as a medicinal product because customs have checked my packages with that content. I even called them and asked about my checked package and they told me that if a package is checked but not sized, everything is ok and I could be certain nothing is illegal with the content.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Lately I've seen some posts about German custom seizing kava, because they have laws against getting kava sent into Germany. Most other European countries got more vague laws regarding kava. In Sweden the laws state that kava "can be seen as a medicinal product", but there are no definition of when kava is a medicine or not. If the kava product is seen as a medicinal product the custom will sieze it. Apparently traditional kava, micronized or concentrates not seen as a medicinal product because customs have checked my packages with that content. I even called them and asked about my checked package and they told me that if a package is checked but not sized, everything is ok and I could be certain nothing is illegal with the content.
Maybe a move to Sweden might be in order.

Precipitated

Kava Curious
Since it was unclear if my package from KS would ever arrive, I reached out to this vendor and they actually offered me really steep first time customer discount. So I got some of their strong and heavy Vanuatu Kava. And I can't complain. The effect profile is really nice. It's potently relaxing and for the first time I found a Kava that reliably puts me out at night. This might also be due to to the higher levels of sleep deprivation I'm experiencing at the moment due to sleep restriction therapy. But still, considering my sleep issues and previous experiences with Kava, this is quite remarkable.

It tastes almost exactly like Kava Depot Solomons Gold, but has that Vanuatu beige color. Also worth mentioning that the grind seems to be a bit uneven, with some hard bits in there you can feel while kneading.

All in all, probably will get some more if they happen to have a sale at some point.

Perhaps someone finds my experience useful. :)

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
I have sampled kava from Kava Estonia. These seemed to punch above weight taking kavalactone content into consideration and taste was definitely on the better side. The price level is not impressing, indeed, but in Estonia the prices of imported goods with small market usually aren't.