What's new

Kava Recipe Kava extraction via blending (Captuals)

Kavakavaking

OceanOfKava
With many strong kavas with a good long knead or blend you find a yellow goey substance floating on the top (no not root polarised) this is kavalactones binded to the fat i use in my grog (Cows milk full cream 25%) you can scape this kavalactone extract and dry it out to put into captuls (Its very strong) Though not cost effective depending on your kava rotuine and prep. just thought id post out of interest. i will put more scientifically leaning info on gow and why this happens and how to do it on a better scale if interested. I strain all my kava x3 in telthlon bags. scape off some of tje exstract , dry it out and use it for on the go as a captul form. great for anxiety though hard to get dose down. also some kavas are harder to ext i.e take more blending or pressing depending on medthod used. heres some bad shots ill upload the dry matter once ready
much love bulla and ty for this amazingroot mother earth. (Has change not only my own but countless others in the kava community and beyond.)

Attachments

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
I recognize it as a white or gold foam, and I stir it in with spatula or whisk. Thanks for sharing your method. Mmmmmmmm tasty. Bula.

Kavakavaking

OceanOfKava
First batch of Kava exstract is done (Ill upload a conparrason to bioglan micro ect - looks the same taste from home made is alot stronger but on par. effects as stated vairy , for example x6 Bolglan apparently 60mg kavalactones per cap (I contacted the company for info and yes they use water extraction and noted chemotype , cant recall atm as on the move.) well 6 will give me a nice glow much of a 2heap tps of mediuem grind (biolgan is heady btw) as far as home made ones to date i have had same effects noted above anywhere from only 1-2 up to 4-5 hold the same potency but again this is strain/ variety dependant, as some kavas produce extracted kavalactones fast than others in the binding process) all in all more blending / pressing will start to produce the fat-KL bind.) will up load pics soon.

Hibiscus also causes a chemical reaction with kava - not related just Some info-
Hibiscus taliaceus, and observed its potentiating effect on the activity of aqueous extracts in mast cells. Taken together, these data indicate that water extractable active ingredients may play a role in the physiological and pathophysiological effects of kava, and suggests that mast cell activation may be a mechanistic component of kava-related skin inflammations.

Bulla all. much love stay safe.
OceanOfKava.