What's new

Kava farmers

The Academic

Kava Curious
Hi! How come that I never see anyone buying directly from kava farmers? I have had contact with several of them on Facebook groups. Wouldn't it be great to get better prices? A win, win situation. Or am I missing something here?

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
Hi! How come that I never see anyone buying directly from kava farmers? I have had contact with several of them on Facebook groups. Wouldn't it be great to get better prices? A win, win situation. Or am I missing something here?
There is gourmethawaiiankava.com to name one. Chris grows , processes , and sells his 'awa at the website of the same name.
I am certain there must be more...?? Hope others add to this.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
There is gourmethawaiiankava.com to name one. Chris grows , processes , and sells his 'awa at the website of the same name.
Did you order from them?

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
I forgot to add-- Pu'u O Hoku Ranch on Moloka'i...they are also farmers who retail their 'awa.

The Academic

Kava Curious
Yes, I could name a couple of farmers too. Haven't ordered yet though. Gotta ask them first. But what I mean is that if I seek for vendors, all USA, New Zealand etc. appears, but no farmer from Fiji, Tonga...

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
Exporting is serious business, with significant risks, upfront capital investment, regulatory compliance in multiple countries to deal with, shipping and fulfullment costs, credit card payment processing, and the list goes on. Most farmers don't need or want that hassle.

There are a few farmers in Fiji who are exporters, but at least so far, they don't have the appetite to deal with end users, preferring to export to wholesale customers and kava bars.

The Academic

Kava Curious
Exporting is serious business, with significant risks, upfront capital investment, regulatory compliance in multiple countries to deal with, shipping and fulfullment costs, credit card payment processing, and the list goes on. Most farmers don't need or want that hassle.

There are a few farmers in Fiji who are exporters, but at least so far, they don't have the appetite to deal with end users, preferring to export to wholesale customers and kava bars.
Well, that could be the explanation...