What's new

Kava & Fibromyalgia

PigGlider

Hi all,

I'm new here so my knowledge on all things kava is limited - sorry for the long post!

I have created this account as my partner (27f) is really struggling with fibromyalgia and having tried meds/vitamins/physio/chiro/pretty much everything else, we are still yet to find anything which helps.

Most of the symptoms she can deal with and they don't stop her living a happy life - however, she suffers from extreme muscle tension in her neck, shoulders and back. This is often very debilitating and is, without wanting to sound too dramatic, starting to ruin the life she once lived.

Which brings me here - I am often researching potential ways to help ease the extreme stiffness and tension in her muscles and I have stumbled across Kava. I have read that it can help ease muscle tension without too many negative side effects.

I was wondering if anyone on here had any experience in treating/managing fibromyalgia (or extreme muscle tension in general) with Kava and if so, whether they could offer any advice on what to try/buy/dosage to relax her muscles whilst hopefully avoiding too much cognitive sedation?

Ive read that Kalm with Kava are a safe bet and that specifically the 'Vanuatu Kava Root - Premium Borongoru' is great for muscle tension?

Any advice is really appreciated here both by myself and my partner.

Thanks all!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi all,

I'm new here so my knowledge on all things kava is limited - sorry for the long post!

I have created this account as my partner (27f) is really struggling with fibromyalgia and having tried meds/vitamins/physio/chiro/pretty much everything else, we are still yet to find anything which helps.

Most of the symptoms she can deal with and they don't stop her living a happy life - however, she suffers from extreme muscle tension in her neck, shoulders and back. This is often very debilitating and is, without wanting to sound too dramatic, starting to ruin the life she once lived.

Which brings me here - I am often researching potential ways to help ease the extreme stiffness and tension in her muscles and I have stumbled across Kava. I have read that it can help ease muscle tension without too many negative side effects.

I was wondering if anyone on here had any experience in treating/managing fibromyalgia (or extreme muscle tension in general) with Kava and if so, whether they could offer any advice on what to try/buy/dosage to relax her muscles whilst hopefully avoiding too much cognitive sedation?

Ive read that Kalm with Kava are a safe bet and that specifically the 'Vanuatu Kava Root - Premium Borongoru' is great for muscle tension?

Any advice is really appreciated here both by myself and my partner.

Thanks all!
Welcome!

I've specifically heard of people using kava to treat the symptoms of fibromyalgia. It is 100% worth a shot. Good selection on the kava too. That's good for muscle relaxation, but can be sedative. In small doses it may do exactly what she's needing without too much tiredness.

PigGlider

Welcome!

I've specifically heard of people using kava to treat the symptoms of fibromyalgia. It is 100% worth a shot. Good selection on the kava too. That's good for muscle relaxation, but can be sedative. In small doses it may do exactly what she's needing without too much tiredness.
That sounds promising thanks. I don't suppose you know if Kalm with Kava ship to the UK? I can't see that option on their site so Im guessing they don't.

Do you know any good suppliers that do ship to the UK?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
That sounds promising thanks. I don't suppose you know if Kalm with Kava ship to the UK? I can't see that option on their site so Im guessing they don't.

Howdy, welcome.

&

I live in the states but you should be able to find what you are looking for in there.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

@Edward also has a shop in the UK, but remember he only sells kava you make into supplements for your pets.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
What I did was the ANS (autonomic nervous system) Rewire program with Dan Neuffer and used kava for pain and sleep at night. Having that reprieve at the end of the day has done wonders for my health.

Here is Dan's website. The coaching program is what worked for me rather than reading his books. https://ansrewire.com/