What's new

Kava. Finally.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Importing kava mid Covid has proved to be quite difficult, but we finally got some of your favorites back in stock. Right now we have Nambawan, Nangol Noble, Melo Melo, 11 Year Waka, and Vanuatu Instant Green Kava available. The shipments were relatively large, but this stuff is moving F.A.S.T!!! Of course we're doing our best to keep fresh shipments coming in, but there could be hiccups. It would be a good time to stock up. We currently have a sale for 10% off your entire order over $100. Discount is automatically applied at checkout.

Hope everyone is staying safe and nicely rooted. BULA!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Good to see you back in stock, Judd. I was getting concerned there, but we all knew what the issue was. I'm still waiting on NZ post to deliver a package of kava that was shipped over a month ago.

Halibut_Acid

Krunkadelic
Good to see you back in stock, Judd. I was getting concerned there, but we all knew what the issue was. I'm still waiting on NZ post to deliver a package of kava that was shipped over a month ago.

Yeah this is definitely a pain I had the same issue. Took probably right around a month. I made another order and it made it to los Angeles faster this time but now it's been in LA for 6 days cuz USPS has gone to shit. Actually I'm not sure where it is because USPS tracking is down, but it should have been here already. Good thing I have a small stockpile of kava already, that new Zealand stuff is just so good I can't wait to have a shell. Looks like I'll be ordering from Bula Kava House in the meantime because that is also some primo stuff as well.

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
Got my order in today. Of the three ordered, I’ve narrowed it down to Nambawan or Melo-Melo for this evening.
Can you explain your Nambawan experience? I still have an unopened pound in my cupboard because I'm afraid I won't react well. My "go to" daytime kava is melo melo (sometimes, mixed with a bit of KT kadavu), or borogu and borongoru at night. Tongans tend to make me feel nothing but nausea. Is Nambawan generally very heady/balanced/or more heavy? Nausea factor? Thanks!
Oh, BTW, I just put in my order for 2 pounds of melo and I really needed a new coconut shell, as I just accidentally dropped mine that I've had for two years!
Yay! Back in business and stocking up! :)

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast
Can you explain your Nambawan experience? I still have an unopened pound in my cupboard because I'm afraid I won't react well. My "go to" daytime kava is melo melo (sometimes, mixed with a bit of KT kadavu), or borogu and borongoru at night. Tongans tend to make me feel nothing but nausea. Is Nambawan generally very heady/balanced/or more heavy? Nausea factor? Thanks!
Oh, BTW, I just put in my order for 2 pounds of melo and I really needed a new coconut shell, as I just accidentally dropped mine that I've had for two years!
Yay! Back in business and stocking up! :)
For me, Nambawan has been one of the stronger Kava experience. I've tried N@H WOW, Squanch, Kava Supreme (and Bati and Lapita), almost everything from BKH, a couple from GHK and all but two varieties from KWK. I'm blanking on a couple more varieties I've had experience with. (One starts with a "V" and is reportedly one of the stronger varieties, kavalactone % wise.)
But Nambawan is the one that, as a rule, I wouldn't drink during the middle of the day. It's also the only one I pay closer attention to with amounts.
ie. I always use less.

It has hit me on multiple occasions with pretty strong mood-lift (I sorta hesitate to use the word "euphoria", as it is sometimes associated with illicit substance use) and more than a couple times has given me some slight ear-ringing. Which I don't mind - it just makes me think "Guess I mixed up a decent batch."
I've had very memorable end-of-day experiences with it, and they were lasting. (I'm often disappointed with Kava in general - the 15 minutes of "Oh, nice!", followed by "Well... I guess that was it.")

I watch the amount not just because of the effects, but because Nambawan is one of the first Kavas I ever felt nausea with.

Overall, I recommend it. I'd say to start low and work up. :)

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
For me, Nambawan has been one of the stronger Kava experience. I've tried N@H WOW, Squanch, Kava Supreme (and Bati and Lapita), almost everything from BKH, a couple from GHK and all but two varieties from KWK. I'm blanking on a couple more varieties I've had experience with. (One starts with a "V" and is reportedly one of the stronger varieties, kavalactone % wise.)
But Nambawan is the one that, as a rule, I wouldn't drink during the middle of the day. It's also the only one I pay closer attention to with amounts.
ie. I always use less.

It has hit me on multiple occasions with pretty strong mood-lift (I sorta hesitate to use the word "euphoria", as it is sometimes associated with illicit substance use) and more than a couple times has given me some slight ear-ringing. Which I don't mind - it just makes me think "Guess I mixed up a decent batch."
I've had very memorable end-of-day experiences with it, and they were lasting. (I'm often disappointed with Kava in general - the 15 minutes of "Oh, nice!", followed by "Well... I guess that was it.")

I watch the amount not just because of the effects, but because Nambawan is one of the first Kavas I ever felt nausea with.

Overall, I recommend it. I'd say to start low and work up. :)
Thank you for your review! I think I'll try a VERY dilute batch! ::chugger::