What's new

Kava - Food - Kava

stalebird

Kava Curious
Hi all! I’m a newbie but have done quite a bit of research. In the last week I’ve used instant (two teaspoons mixed with water since I’m new and trying to handle the reverse tolerance) and two days ago got a AluBall and shaker to use ground Kava the last two evenings. The latter certainly worked better. Loving it as an alternative to a few beers at night.

Sorry for the preamble, but I know I’m not supposed to drink with a full stomach. My question is what about eating AFTER drinking my shells and then wanting more Kava? I don’t eat breakfast so I normally eat an early lunch (11:30am). When I get home around 6pm, I drink my kava then 30 minutes later have dinner. My question is, should I wait AGAIN since now I have a full stomach?

EmeraldKava3690

Kava Curious
I am slowly starting to realize that the relation between Kava [and most substances ingested orally] and food is a tepid one. For years upon years I have been trying to get the most out of my substances by not eating for hours before and then not eating for hours after, and I love food! In some ways, yes, it is more potent when you don't eat around it, but to what extent and what cost? Just chill and do your thing. I have ate and then had Kava shortly after [30 minutes or so] and the effects were, of course, not as strong as had I not eaten for hours, but I still definitely felt it, for sure, and it made me feel just as calm, comfy, and all the rest of it as without food, just without the added hit and intensity... which is sometimes nice, too. A healthy feeling. Doing substances, including Kava, without eating, especially if you have not been eating for a prolonged period, can make even sedative or tranquilizing substances have an edginess to them just because you are so damn hungry! Enjoy your food, and Kava too!

readyman

Kava Enthusiast
I am constantly trying to figure out what foods dont hurt kava feelings that you like seems that if you just snack like nuts cashews fruit like pinapple while drinking kava doesnt seem to effect the kava feeling at least for me

EmeraldKava3690

Kava Curious
Well, what I will say is I have had very good experience with fatty-foods reenergizing the Kava effects substantially for me. Even taking a fish-oil supplement shortly after Kava consumption seems to boost its effects markedly. Snacks like nuts, guacamole and organic blue-corn chips [my favorite], and maybe... beef jerky, loll, I am not sure but I would think anything with a natural fat content would boost the effects. From what I've read it helps the Kava substantially absorb and move through the system. Notice that I have eaten full-fledged fatty meals a couple hours after consumption and the effects have been reignited. Hope this helps.

stalebird

Kava Curious
Well, what I will say is I have had very good experience with fatty-foods reenergizing the Kava effects substantially for me. Even taking a fish-oil supplement shortly after Kava consumption seems to boost its effects markedly. Snacks like nuts, guacamole and organic blue-corn chips [my favorite], and maybe... beef jerky, loll, I am not sure but I would think anything with a natural fat content would boost the effects. From what I've read it helps the Kava substantially absorb and move through the system. Notice that I have eaten full-fledged fatty meals a couple hours after consumption and the effects have been reignited. Hope this helps.
It does help, as do the other replies.
Thanks, all!

MikeNMissy

Kava Curious
Yo.. so.. I aluball a shell of tikarams and then ate some mixed nuts and a pickle. I feel like I just got molly whapped. Holy shit lol. Try that anyone reading. Nuts n a pickle about 5 minutes after a good shell.

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast