What's new

kava for anxiety, depression

bidigui

Hi,
Please excuse my english, I'm french.
I have red many things on kava-kava, and I am wondering if it would help me with my anxiety trouble, obsessive and intrusive thoughts, depression and addictive tendencies. I'm looking for a long term and daily "treatment", as I don't want to go for antidepressants or anxiolytics again.
I don't want to become a zombie.. Just looking for something that will calm and focus my turbulent mind, relieve tension, and help me live a normal life.
I also red interesting things on another anxiolytic plant : sceletium tortuosum, but looking for infos and experiences.
Thank you for your help.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Bonjour et bienvenue! Yes, kava would do all that for you. I don't know about the other plant I'm afraid. I recommend you get some good quality kava with the aid of this forum and try it out.

(and to dip your toe in the water you could do worse than a small bag of Quick Kava Powder from GKE. Should only be a few days to be delivered and that stuff works.)

I don't know

Kava Enthusiast
Kava helps a lot with my anxiety and depression. Moi and Borogoru are my favorite right now from GHK. They both make me relaxed and happy. Of course, our lives and how we feel about them can also make us depressed. Sometime it helps to make small changes that better our lives. That is just a personal note though that has been specific to my issues.

Jerome

Kava Lover
The other plant is called kanna I believe. I never really tried it successfully, but grew it quite successfully. I threw the seeds in some soil and left it on my roof. 6 moths later I had a healthy plant!

dino9832

Kava Enthusiast
...Of course, our lives and how we feel about them can also make us depressed. Sometime it helps to make small changes that better our lives. That is just a personal note though that has been specific to my issues.
I concur with that! Things that "help" could give a person the focus and energy to work on the real issues. Never try to use a substance as a cure. The changes inside take time.
Kava helps me to relax, and still be able to work on the internal issues. Other meds/treatments tend to mask feelings.