What's new

Kava for interview jitters?

Jade

Love. Like. Crazy.
I have an interview coming up this week and I am a little nervous. I was wondering if anyone has experience taking kava as a way to dull interview jitters. Normally, I begin ingesting my kava in the afternoon. But the interview is at 11 in the morning and I thought that if I take a small amount pre-interview that it might help calm and focus me to allow things to go along more smoothly. I will have Mo'i, Borongoru, Nene, Papa Kea,and Kava Candies on hand. I would like to be at the point where my anxieties are lowered, but not too numbed to think sharply or sleepy. Thanks for any input.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I'll second Mo'i, @Jade. If you know your kava well enough to not get an unpredictable effect (you wouldn't want to be mentally off-balance for a job interview) a couple of shells would probably be ok. I know that if I were to have two shells of Mo'i an hour before any social engagement, i would be more relaxed, open and creative-minded.

Jade

Love. Like. Crazy.
Thank you. My interview is not until tomorrow, so I think that I will give the Mo'i a trial run today to see how it effects me. I have never tried kava much that early in the day. The couple of times I did it made me very drowsy and hard to stay motivated.Mo'i may be a different story however. If that fails maybe I'll pop a couple-few of the kava candies.