What's new

Kava for my dog

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Just curious if you can give kava to dogs. One of mine is old and had bad hips and joints and it's hard for her to get around. I thought perhaps kava could help? My plan was to maybe take some instant and put it in a gel cap and give it to her. Any one thing this could be harmful to dogs? And besides, she might enjoy getting krunked :)

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
There is very limited, if any at all, info on this out there. It has been done but I can't dig up the exact resources at the moment. I vaguely remember the name "american veterinary association". I'm not sure if that will help you find the answer you're looking for or not.

I have given kava to both my sister's dog and my dog. I gave some to my sisters dog so it'd calm the hell down because he's a PITA. I gave some to my dog because he kept stickin his nose in my kava shell. Neither one of them liked the taste, ha!. My dog was smart enough to realize the taste wouldn't change no matter how much he drank so he stopped after lap #1.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
I have also given my dog a taste of kava before. His facial expression was pretty funny but even took a few more licks haha. I just don't want to poison the dog or anything haha. But I will continue doing research before I give her something concentrated like instant

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
I give my dogs health-food-store capsules of kava in a big was of Philadelphia cream cheese.

Sent from my DROID4 using Yuku app

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Be careful. We know what kava does to us but dog's systems work differently. Think chocolate.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Exactly why I thought I should come here first to see if it has been done safely before. Thanks for the responses guys!

kl.cuvtixo

Kava Curious
there are a lot of dog products with Glucosamine and MSM, which are also used for humans with bad hips and joints. They are probably a better bet for canines for now.  If kava is proven to be good for dogs, I'll be first in line.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Good friends of ours use our non chocolate extracts for their dog's separation anxiety. Infact they were the ones who bought it to my attention.

Personally cannot recommend it either way of course. But apparently it's not out of the question.

uuku pi

Kava Enthusiast
Hysterical,maybe I will become a dog person (in addition to cat lover) I think that dog was in my yoga class...in a previous incarnation of course;)

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Anyone know about the use of kava... or chocolate... for pigs?

I keep a pig around to smack with the nal-nal club presented to me by my worshipers on Tanna. However, the pig was attacked by a coy-dog and a catahoula yesterday. I've been considering giving it the extract for pain, giving it a root to chew on, or maybe just clubbing it with the nal-nal one final time. Princess Kate is really attached to her, though, and I don't want to upset her if I can avoid it.

Sent from my DROID4 using Yuku app

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
My Husky has seizures, and one night when he was having one, and it was pretty bad, so I decided to try to give some Lemon extract to him....within 1 minute it started to lessen. within 3-5 min, he stopped