What's new

Kava for phobias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shredder

Kava Enthusiast
Hi guys. As some of you on this forum already know, I began my kava journey about a year ago now in hopes of finding use with kava in quelling my anxiety and panic attacks...

Kava has been pretty useful, and even though i don't always have some because it can be pricey, I still regard this plant as one of the most useful things i have ever tried and am grateful for having had it's calming influence in my life...

Recently, I have been more agitated and irritable, and it got me thinking about my childhood and memories from the past.
I think it could be the meditation habits that i have been keeping up with for some time that may have brought this inner reflection into the fold.

Anyhow, to make a long story short, when i was younger, my dad decided to be a cunt and played a cruel joke on me involving an old 80s monster/horror movie and scared the shit out of me on a couple of different occasions when I was a toddler. Naturally, looking back in hindsight as a 21 year old young adult, I realized that this is exactly how phobias develop in an undeveloped mind....

I'm not saying that this phobia is the reason for all of my anxiety, but it is worth noting that the human mind tends to constantly fixate on all that it desires and all that would prevent it from achieving those desires.... Say, for example, a monster ending your life and preventing that from happening?? Or maybe just never truly feeling that you could honestly be loved, because the person who society tells you is supposed to care about the most decided to throw you to the beast instead of protecting you from it....

You might be wondering where kava comes into play here.... Well i wanna get rid of this specific phobia nd help my mind see that it's just nothing and it never truly was. Once this happens, I'm sure I'll feel better about myself and the world will seem like a brighter place with much less anxiety once the inner conflict is finally resolved. I have a few pictures of this thing saved on my computer and i look at them for a couple of minutes a day to kind of train my mind to see that there is no threat, but my plan is to get really fucking krunked off of kava and just watch the movie in my living room with a trusting loved one like my brother by my side. I realize that the kava wont prevent all of the fear and anxiety and pain from hitting my nervous system once the trigger is pulled, but do you guys think it might be easier to face my demons while under the influence of kava?

That's really what i was hoping for. For it to soften the blow, ya know? But i dont have experience with kava and phobias... Do any of you?

P.S. Don't ask what the movie is called. This is a personal thing for me, and as such there is shame and regret and sadness involved... Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I think so, I would recommend using the kava when you watch it, then use less and watch it, then none and kinda do that as an exposure therapy. Meditation will most certainly bring that about. Meditation brings whatever is needed. In fact the Now is allways what you need most to evolve. Good luck :)

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Any time ! I have a certain ptsd I suppose you could call it, from an intense ayuasca experience. Kava was one of the only things that really help keep sensorry overstimulation down and provide emotional opening rather than numbing which are both amazing traits for trauma in my experience

Status
Not open for further replies.