What's new

Kava gathering for 30 people?

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Depends on their tolerance and experience.
That aspect can cover a wide range.
You might need to get that wood chipper machine you posted a while back, to grind out large amounts of powder for those with a high tolerance

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
How much kava do you want your thirty people to drink? Suppose you are one of the thirty people. One way I decide how much to brew is by brewing a certain amount of root per person. This amount is about 8Tbsp and one liter water per person, with full intention to create a rebrew if we are out of kava. For 30 people I would be brewing 1680 grams kava in 30liters water based on this math. However, I don't have the means to do this except for a couple liters at a time, and around here people aren't really that into kava as I am, so that might be overkill. I can see one half pound of kava being brewed with traditional prep in 3000ml water for fifteen minutes providing a solid shell to get everyone in your party started. Brew a five minute rebrew in 1500ml water and save it. Brew the other half pound, put it in your strainer, use 3000ml room temp or cool water. When done, combine with 1500ml rebrew if possible, and while guests drink that work on a rebrew of second half-pound of kava. Through this method, 7500ml kava is brewed from 454grams offering a total of 250ml kava produced from 15.1 grams to each person in the thirty person party! If you are hanging out with heavy kava drinkers, brew another pound. If light kava drinkers, get your kava belly prepared, if half the people drink 125ml then there will be a quarter pound worth of kava leftover. Better hope the rest of the party picks up the slack or have containers to save the brewed root juice in!