What's new

Kava in French Polynesia

There is supposed to be a kava culture on the islands of French Polynesia, and even some unique cultivars, though I don’t think I’ve ever seen a first hand account having to do with kava from there. Does anyone here have any experience with kavas from the region or even know where you could buy them?

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
There is supposed to be a kava culture on the islands of French Polynesia, and even some unique cultivars, though I don’t think I’ve ever seen a first hand account having to do with kava from there. Does anyone here have any experience with kavas from the region or even know where you could buy them?

From what I've heard about French Polynesia and Kava is that they are in the re-building process with Kava. Like many pacific islands, Kava played and still does play a huge role with culture. Kava was banned in French Polynesia for some time which caused a lot of their people to turn to alcohol which created a lot problems. There is small group of people that is trying to bring Kava back to what is once was in French Polynesia. They are slowly but surely getting back to they way their culture and Kava used to be.