What's new

Kava in pop-culture?

_byron

Kava Enthusiast
There was some TV show with a tanoa in the background I think the show was called succession?

I think river monsters had a episode in fiji where they drank kava and also I want to say I have seen it in destination truth

Else both these vids from big names show kava

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I found this on YouTube.
The happiest place on earth! :)

There a bit about a German pharma company in this which is ironic to say the least, but it's apparently part of the video.

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
How about a reverse? Pop culture in kava bars

I heard through the grapevine last night that a certain Tyler the Creator may have stopped off for some shells at a well known kava bar outside of the US.

Chillbert

Kava Curious
On the other end of the spectrum, my wife and I watch a show on TLC called "Welcome to Plathville" which follows the blossoming of a brood of kids raised without much if any interaction with the real world. One of them has discovered Kava and there are scenes both at a Kava bar in Tallahassee (Kavakaze) as well as one in Tampa (Kava Culture). Pretty cool to see our beloved beverage get some air time....

...or is it? You see, I looked up the offerings at both places, and honestly, I'm not sure what this poor sheltered girl is drinking. Maybe all Kava bars are like this. Check it out:

http://kavakazebar.com/

KavaKat44

If you play Sims 4 Island Living, you can have your sim characters make kava and have a kava party! ...that's actually how I got more interested in kava myself, haha!