What's new

Kava in Thailand

B-Root

Kava Curious
Have not been very active on this forum for a few years now. I'm back and thought it would be a good idea to open up a discussion about kava in Thailand. I am part of a small but growing group of kava drinkers living here in Thailand, we have started Kava_Thailand. We have a mix of people from all over the world as well as Thai people sitting in and mixing kava at least two nights a week here in Bangkok. One of our members operates custom_tanoas and we use these acacia bowls to mix traditonal kava, kava and water. We have mulitple sources for our kava as most of it is brought in by members who fly to the US on holiday. I have been sharing kava for more than 10 years here in Thailand and the Thai people have been very receptive of kava and the ceremony of sharing it from coconut shells. Anyone interested to connect with us or join our kava mix feel free to send me a text.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Have not been very active on this forum for a few years now. I'm back and thought it would be a good idea to open up a discussion about kava in Thailand. I am part of a small but growing group of kava drinkers living here in Thailand, we have started Kava_Thailand. We have a mix of people from all over the world as well as Thai people sitting in and mixing kava at least two nights a week here in Bangkok. One of our members operates custom_tanoas and we use these acacia bowls to mix traditonal kava, kava and water. We have mulitple sources for our kava as most of it is brought in by members who fly to the US on holiday. I have been sharing kava for more than 10 years here in Thailand and the Thai people have been very receptive of kava and the ceremony of sharing it from coconut shells. Anyone interested to connect with us or join our kava mix feel free to send me a text.
Sounds like great times. Hope to make it to Bangkok in the next two years.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
I am not really familiar with Thai culture except food (and some random photos of temples and nagas).

However, serving good seems to be emphasised in Thailand. You mentioned that you even have a tanoa.

A picture of tanoa & etc would be interesting some day.