What's new

Kava in uk

Alchemy1d

Hi
i usually order From Edward who is great. However he only does heavy blends. I need something lighter like vanutu.anyone else supply to uk? Thanks

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Yes, sorry, I can't get much heady kava at the moment. The Damu I have is more balanced?

Osadandaula UK

Kava Enthusiast
I’m in a similar position, always ordered from Edward and no complaints. In fact, such a fantastic service I almost fell guilty ordering from anywhere else. I just fancy mixing it up a bit and try something different. So I ordered some from Realkava.com. 2lb of 5 star is a very similar price when you take delivery into account. I ordered on 7th and just arrived today so 11 days vs 1 day from Edward. There is obviously no guarantee it will make it every time but mine did this time.
Looking forward to a few shells later.

Alchemy1d

I’m in a similar position, always ordered from Edward and no complaints. In fact, such a fantastic service I almost fell guilty ordering from anywhere else. I just fancy mixing it up a bit and try something different. So I ordered some from Realkava.com. 2lb of 5 star is a very similar price when you take delivery into account. I ordered on 7th and just arrived today so 11 days vs 1 day from Edward. There is obviously no guarantee it will make it every time but mine did this time.
Looking forward to a few shells later.
Hi where are they based? Thanks

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Hi Edward - what is the legality for importing and selling Kava in Ireland?
Hello, sorry I didn't see this earlier. Use quote or tag people using the @ and they will get a notification.

Mark answered this above and that's about right, it's a bit hit and miss.

Osadandaula UK

Kava Enthusiast
Hi where are they based? Thanks
They sent it tracked, which was a blessing and a curse really. I tracked it for 11 long days as it made its way from Kauai to Honolulu to LA to San Francisco to London, from where I tracked it with parcel force as any other UK delivery.
Thankfully it didn’t spend much time at all at Heathrow, as that would have been a long wait, fearing the worst.

It’s certainly different to the melo melo. I’m still undecided if it’s in a good way. It noticeably stronger but with side effects to match. It’s supposed to be I finer grind and you can tell, there must have been twice as much sediment from the same 50g batch, made in the same way. I couldn’t finish it before dinner as I do with the melo melo and came back for the last 3rd later in the evening. Felt a bit nauseous all the next day. I’m hoping I can just reduce the dose but with the finer grind I’ve effected just got micronized, well kind of, so it little wonder I had more side effects.
Also taste wise, I did it at my normal 35deg but it tasted bad, like melo melo does at 60deg.
As I say, the jury is still out.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
They sent it tracked, which was a blessing and a curse really. I tracked it for 11 long days as it made its way from Kauai to Honolulu to LA to San Francisco to London, from where I tracked it with parcel force as any other UK delivery.
Thankfully it didn’t spend much time at all at Heathrow, as that would have been a long wait, fearing the worst.

It’s certainly different to the melo melo. I’m still undecided if it’s in a good way. It noticeably stronger but with side effects to match. It’s supposed to be I finer grind and you can tell, there must have been twice as much sediment from the same 50g batch, made in the same way. I couldn’t finish it before dinner as I do with the melo melo and came back for the last 3rd later in the evening. Felt a bit nauseous all the next day. I’m hoping I can just reduce the dose but with the finer grind I’ve effected just got micronized, well kind of, so it little wonder I had more side effects.
Also taste wise, I did it at my normal 35deg but it tasted bad, like melo melo does at 60deg.
As I say, the jury is still out.
What was the content declared as?

T

thewildsage

I'm in NI which leaves ambiguity on many things to do with importing and exporting. I'm a medical herbalist and keen to have the plant for a herb garden - probably in one of the polytunnels to see if it can be developed. Would any of you have an idea of whether or not tha tis even possible?

Osadandaula UK

Kava Enthusiast
I'm in NI which leaves ambiguity on many things to do with importing and exporting. I'm a medical herbalist and keen to have the plant for a herb garden - probably in one of the polytunnels to see if it can be developed. Would any of you have an idea of whether or not tha tis even possible?
I'm no expert but did look into it a little myself at some point and I think your answer in no. Even in a polytunnel they won't tolerate our cold winters. You would need something climate controlled and probably artificial lights too.

Kavaclubeu

Kava Vendor
I am in Ireland. You would still probably fall under UK rules and regulations about importing stuff like kava. Down in the south it is possible to import thankfully. I don't think you can grow kava in a polytunnel here though unfortunately.