What's new

Kava-Induced Visuals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy fellow kavathusiasts,

Kava never ceases to amaze me. I've been drinking kava for some time now and I love how complex the plant truly is. Even outside of drinking it; the history of the plant and the impact it's had on pacific islander's societal construct is truly incredible.

Anyway, I've come to realize kava has many impacts on me outside of the relaxing krunkedness directly following a drinking session. One of the more interesting is that when I'm lying in bed the morning following a relatively intense kava session, I'll visualize complex geometric patterns. I fell that the word "visualize" doesn't quite explain it. I don't exactly see the patterns...it's almost as if I think of them in that half-awake state following a long slumber. The first few times it happened I thought this was just an interesting phenomenon that I experienced by chance, but I've come to the realization that this only occurs after I drink large quantities of kava.

It's pretty rad. If I had any artistic ability I'd try and draw out the patterns, but unfortunately I have yet to even successfully color inside the lines of a simple coloring book. I'm interested to know if anyone out there has had a similar experience.

Man, kava is cool.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur

Kava never ceases to amaze me. I've been drinking kava for some time now and I love how complex the plant truly is. Even outside of drinking it; the history of the plant and the impact it's had on pacific islander's societal construct is truly incredible.

Anyway, I've come to realize kava has many impacts on me outside of the relaxing krunkedness directly following a drinking session. One of the more interesting is that when I'm lying in bed the morning following a relatively intense kava session, I'll visualize complex geometric patterns. I fell that the word "visualize" doesn't quite explain it. I don't exactly see the patterns...it's almost as if I think of them in that half-awake state following a long slumber. The first few times it happened I thought this was just an interesting phenomenon that I experienced by chance, but I've come to the realization that this only occurs after I drink large quantities of kava.

It's pretty rad. If I had any artistic ability I'd try and draw out the patterns, but unfortunately I have yet to even successfully color inside the lines of a simple coloring book. I'm interested to know if anyone out there has had a similar experience.

Man, kava is cool.
What you are describing is called hypnogogic imagery, well worth googling if you have a free afternoon. And yeah, it is one of the things I truly love about kava, and it comes with its own colour palette, as well. Delicious pinks and blues, and much image dancing.

I particularly get it well when I drink a strong potion of nambawan, more than with any other kava I've tried so far. Geez, I am still such a newb. There's a zillion kavas I have still never experienced.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Kava definitely makes its way into my dreams and adds a lot of pixels and layers of complexity. In turns of visuals or hallucinations, I haven’t experienced anything like that with Kava.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I think people have been seeing this since forever

You can induce it without any "substance" and train yourself to extend the liminal state in which it occurs, having wonderful hypnagogic sessions that can last 20 - 30 minutes instead of the usual 1 or 2, basically long enough for you to tire of them. As I say, you can train yourself and it works. Kava also works and adds another set of elements to the hypnogogic imagery experiance. You can even with kava induce an all day milder experience of it, and it is very pleasant, I might add, bringing its own aesthetic and colour palette to the image evocations.

Or there's YouTube

See, drugs don't give you visions, you already have visions and it's working all the time. Drugs block your brain's process by which you direct conscious attention to other things than the visions (your brain's process doesn't stop the visions, they continue, but mainly just distracts you so you don't notice them), so the visions are accessible. You can do this without drugs or ethnobotanicals or anything. But it is nice, and there are some distinctive differences, when kava is involved.

I give it a three thumbs up!

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I remember when I did dmt and seen this image that people draw a lot . It's a face let me see if I can find it .
dmttt-1074x483.jpg

It was very very very similar if not identical to this

NotKrunk

Kava Curious
I remember when I did dmt and seen this image that people draw a lot . It's a face let me see if I can find it . View attachment 9563
It was very very very similar if not identical to this
For the first time last night I saw a similar patterning as shown, not the faces.. The pattern seemed to go in and out and the color would change. It totally surprised me. This occurred after I closed my eyes and lay in bed. Later I had very sharp in focus dreams whose subject was strange. At one point I purchased a boxed collared dress shirt from a vending machine

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I find sleep deprivation does this to me; intensely. If I let myself effortlessly attend to the images they can become very very bright and very colorful. The other night I was super low on sleep and was trying to take a nap; the whole closed eye "field of vision" was switching between reds and bright green, blue, and pink pastels; I tend to alternate between seeing geometric patterns (but usually more rounded and boiling from sleep-deprivation) and crisp in-color pictures/scenes with people and plants and things. I wonder if maybe whatever kind of defrag the brain is running when we dream starts bleeding through a little earlier when we are really sleep-deprived.
Regarding sharper geometric patterns, while I've seen them with substances back in high school, I don't see them as much without substances. However, I find it interesting that when I apply pressure to my closed eyes, the patterns do inevitably come out as sharp geometric patterns, usually triangular.
But I've never really noticed kava, in and of itself, to play a major role in increasing or decreasing these phenomena for me.

Last edited:

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
This is very interesting! I wonder what, if anything, you guys who see these things are doing to help it occur? I never get this unless sleep deprived or when on shrooms back in high school too. It would be neat if I could get kava to do this for me. I feel like I'm usually too grounded or thinking hard about something to allow such a thing.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast

Man, kava is cool.
I've never gotten any visuals besides trails when I drank a lot and very potent batch of Moi once and then had very vivid dreams. Maybe some people are more prone to experiencing that than others because even if I'm actually tripping visuals usually come at the strongest of the strongest experiences. It's always complex geometric structures surrounding me too if the world isn't just turning into a living water color painting. I don't know what those are exactly but they're global across many experiences. Are they the background of what we live in, the base of things unprocessed by senses? Don't think I'll ever be able to have an answer to that question. I believe from say people that have experienced DMT they actually cover everything and from that there is further visuals and other assorted crazy experiences. I'm going with they are some sort of base of what we see but normally we can't see that layer making up or covering the physical but who knows.

AZcat

Kava Drinker

Man, kava is cool.
You are lucky, i've never noticed any visuals after drinking Kava. I do get the calm and happy feeling, and it helps me sleep better, but that is all.

Michael1011

Kava Curious
I've gotten a few visuals before but if I drink a lot mostly my vision doubles. If your stomach can tolerate that much its an awesome feeling.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Sometimes, special kava in the right setting helps me see subtle closed-eye visuals. It's colors and shapes moving against a dark background. If you relax and let them happen sometimes patterns and faces appear, though it's really gentle. You're still on planet earth in control of all your faculties, just enjoying the interplay between your retinas and your visual cortex. Watching the imagery can be a way to guide the start of a dream as you fall asleep, or a way to meditate, but it takes the right kava in the right setting.

Marangmarang and the old Maewo boroguru from back in the day were good for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.