What's new

Kava influence on the psyche

aviavieu

Kava Enthusiast
Does occasional drinking of Kava affect the psyche? Can it affect badly if someone has the ability to anxiety and intrusive thoughts every day?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I would think kava would be beneficial to someone who suffers from such a condition. It affects the psyche, but in my opinion it's in a positive way. It reduces anxiety and intrusive thoughts.

I've not heard of kava causing someone to have intrusive thoughts or anxiety if they didn't have them before.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Yes I think it would be overall positive on the mind when used occasionally. Judging by your presence here I thought you had been drinking a decent amount of kava for a long time.

aviavieu

Kava Enthusiast
It is not about the influence on the psyche in the course of action only in the following days?
In my case, the unstable mood in recent months is most likely due to the pandemic situation. But to be sure, it would be good to know if Kava has some little influence?

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
For long-term mood read about pregnenolone. It is not fast-acting like kava. Do not overdo it. If it sounds promising, less may well be better (100 mg is being sold but sounds like way too much).

DaManTheyCallB

Kava Curious
Kava can certainly uptick violent intrusive thoughts at times and sure it also has to do with what kava you use. I read a study that said it's not good for psycotic anxiety. On the other end of things kava has calcium channel blocker properties which could help with mood stabilization.

Does occasional drinking of Kava affect the psyche? Can it affect badly if someone has the ability to anxiety and intrusive thoughts every day?